• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Wacky Macky
    • Nov 2001

FlaskMpeg> BBMpeg Encoder> VCD - "Mux Rate"

Please can you help me:

I have read the VCD creation log and get the message at the end;

"NOTE: The resulting file may not play back correctly.
    Try increasing the mux rate."

When I converted the film again from a [SmartRipper ripped film to my hard disk] I increased the "mux rate" in the output plugin by 1. The resulting film was jump free, but there was a problem with bright, high contrast area's getting a flashing block, out of sequence with the rest of the film!

I will try increasing the "Mux rate" by 16, but I have no idea what it is, so can someone please advise..

Thanx

Film [Unbreakable]
    Ripper[Smartripper]
    Converter[flaskmpeg 6.0]
    Viewer[VCD - Windows Media Player 6.4]
    Viewer[DVD - PowerDVD 3.0]

System:
    Celeron 800
    Abit BE-11 M/B
    256MB RAM
    Matrox G450 Dual head DDR
  • 1 Smelly Fish
    • Nov 2001

Hi there Wacky Macky, i cant offer you much advice using Smart Ripper as i have only used it once and really didnt like it all that much and only resorted to using it when a friend told me how good it was. I use CLAD DVD 1.7 to Rip the VOBs to my hard drive when backing up my DVD's it is simple to use and i havent had any problems with it to date. Give it a go and see if it by-passes your MUX problems.

Hope this was of some help..

Cheers

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

apart from the fact that version 2.37 and 2.38 MIGHT lead to errors on vob transitions ( this happened to me using sr 2.38 with u2's rattle and hum) there should be absolutely no reason at all, why sr were to blame!

i'd advise using the latest smartripper 2.39.
      it can be found on my page

Comment

• Wacky Macky
        • Nov 2001

Thank you for all who replyed to my first posting and to the person who indicated to me about the problems with smartripper.

I have since updated the program and the erorrs have since gone. I am reviewing another film, with better results.

Thank You all

Comment

Working...