Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick
    • Nov 2001

Just a Quicky

I have been en coading home movie avi files with Tmpeg into Mpeg 1 but the quality is very blocky on DVD playback.
    On reading some of the posts it seems that Divx is used as a coading tool.

Does this give better quality

How do you use it

Is it a plug in for an encoading program such as Tmpeg

Maybe i am way off the mark, any suggestions you have will stop be from loosing the plot.
  • ritin_gadge
    • Nov 2001

DivX should be better than Mpeg1. It is a codec (a piece of software which tells programs how to encode/decode the audio). Any program which supports codecs should work. I don't know about the program you mentioned, but if you use FlaskMpeg, you can encode the VOB's into DivX format.
    bolt ya radge

Comment

• Nick
      • Nov 2001

Where can i get this Flaskmpeg from and can DIVX be used in the same way Mpeg can be

Thanks for your help

Nick

Comment

• techno
        Digital Video Master
        Digital Video Master
        • Nov 2001

Hi there. MPEG 1 is really bad at doing colours so encode it to MPEG2 and brighten up a touch of the colour. use very high quality and set the quality to 100. use TMPEGNC for this. then encode to DIVX

Please read the thread entitled "techno plz read this!" It should give you a clear enough answer (I HOPE!)

Thanks!

Comment

• Nick
          • Nov 2001

Hi all

With Divx and mpeg 2 in mind
          How do i use the divx codec in tmpeg or flask
          and how do i burn it to a vcd disk when nero only accepts files that are in a mpeg 1 vcd format only

Thanks

Nick

Comment

• techno
            Digital Video Master
            Digital Video Master
            • Nov 2001

Hey NICK, my ICQ no is:

I am in GMT (Greenwich Mean Time UK)

I can tell you what you need to know between 4-7pm on 23 nov and all day SAT?

C U

Techno

Comment

• khitch12
              • Nov 2001

Nick, flask wont load an avi file. Can you load it into Virtual Dub? It's available here, the swiss army knife of movie editing. If vd will load it then you simply convert it to divx there preferably at its native resolution. Use low motion if you want it nice and why not, set the kps at 1600 with home movies you should have room to spare. While your doing that you will want to compress your sound as well vd will do that at the same time no prob. Might want to set your keyframes to 1 if you intend to do any editing.

Mpeg1 had a limit of resolution of 320x240, your camera may as well but maybe its higher. That resolution looks like hell full screen on a computer but doesn't look that bad if you output it to a low res tv set. To see what resolution your original avi files are left click one go to properties, details it will give your resolution.

If I were into doing home movies I would use Uleads Video studio, they have other products that are better and other companies make more detailed software but then its what do you want to spend. Video Studio lets you add scrolling titles and scene transitions. Works with divx but never had it work with mp3 sound so you have to work around that.

Comment

• techno
                Digital Video Master
                Digital Video Master
                • Nov 2001

khitch12, I have spoken to NICK and we have discussed it. I am currently helping him and I will give you the results and hints and tips and what I did.

Thanks

Techno

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎