Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fester
    • Nov 2001

WinDVD 2000

I can't play ripped VOB files with this DVD soft player. I also tryed the MS-DOS 'subst' trick but new created drive doesn't appear at configuration area (as a DVD/CD-ROM drive). Please help.
  • Fruitmaker
    • Nov 2001

sounds like you didn't rip all files to disk (incl. .ifo .vob and so on) Some player really do need these files to handle the vobs. Just try that
    There is always a way u can handle it...

Comment

• fester
      • Nov 2001

WinDVD 2000

I am afraid I did. Have in my HD .VOB .IFO and .BUP files. Actually I can play them with WinDVD but not as a 'disc' but as 'files' . I miss all the menu and index features of the original DVD. Also, WinDVD doesn't recognize the new created drive (with 'subst' command) as a DVD drive. Any suggestion?

Comment

• PaulG
        • Nov 2001

could try using DVD Starter as a launcher. If you've ripped all the files you shouldn't have any problems as it is designed to work with Windvd and is easy to use - works for me and I couldn't get the subst method to work either - and the play files option seems to competely ignore all the IFO files (even when you get sneaky and type them into the plf file, then load them) resulting in loss of letterbox ratios.

Comment

• inspector
          • Dec 2001

I experienced the same problems of not being able to use Win DVD 3.0 to play back files ripped with Smart Ripper and started with DVD Starter. By accident I tried DVD Starter with a different DVD in the drive and the files on the hard drive played perfectly rather than the DVD in the drive. I don't know why this worked that way and would be interested in any explanations. I did notice that Win DVD was indicating the DVD drive rather than the virtual drive after DVD Starter and maybe that is the key to the problem. How can I change the drive that Win DVD is trying to play. The virtual drive does not appear in WinDVD's drive list.

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎