Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LeslieMV
    • Nov 2001

TV Play back on power dvd

I have a NVIDIA 2MX 200 card with TV out. Problem is it will not play DVD's on the TV screen. The monitor plays fine?

Any one out there that can help

.. Thanks to the guys that have replied, but I have to ask if any one nows anything about TVCC and TVTool. They claim to have the ability to turn macrovision off while playing
    Last edited by LeslieMV; 13 Nov 2001, 05:42 PM.
  • Fruitmaker
    • Nov 2001

Yes... i know your problem. But sorry... i cant solve it.
    As far as i know, u cant display because of the macrovision which is on every dvd (vob-Files are encrypted with macrovision). For example, DVD-Rips dont have the macrovision any more and are easy to play back on both, TV and monitor.
    What u need is a software which can remove macrovision during playing the dvd, but sorry, i dont know any. But perhaps there is one... !?
    There is always a way u can handle it...

Comment

• XF7CardStud
      • Nov 2001

Solution

I have a solution but it's more time consuming than putting it in a dedicated DVD player.

Copy the entire DVD to your hard drive using smart ripper and taking out the macrovision, then use a program like power dvd to play it back.

Comment

• crawdad
        • Nov 2001

Maybe I am old fashioned... I run Windows XP and I only have a ATI Radeon VE. I use Windows Media Player to play my DVDs (with the help of a power DVD playback codec I purchased) and it sends it out to my primary display which is my TV.
        It works fantastic...

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

it has been said before:

USE SMARTRIPPER and get rid of MV

Comment

• sarit16
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Dec 2001

Solution....for TV OUT

howdi there...i think i might be able 2 help u with this one..coz i do the same..use my pc dvd on tv, go to the display section in control panel, then click on Advanced Setting's, then output Device choose TV MAKE SURE THE FORMAT IS CORRECT PAL OR NTSC etc then press enter should send to tv, then play the DVD / VCD. works fine n mine.

Comment

• tomnhanni
              • Nov 2001

Check out the DVD Macrovision Free section in this forum. It has great advice for this. http://forum.digital-digest.com/foru...?s=&forumid=16
              or this site

or this section in this site
              news, region, 4, 1, 2, 6, down, load, dvd, soft, decoder, cinemaster, powerdvd, cyberlink, xingdvd, windvd, region, select, macro, vision, remover, steven, spielberg, george, lucas, star, wars, free, faq, pcdvd, encore, creative, pioneer, firmware, panasonic, hitachi
              Say Mr. Beefy!

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎