Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > ImgBurn

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Feb 2009, 06:34 PM   #1
PJ

Default Error Message

I am putting Imgburn on someones computer for the, they have vista (don't know if it makes a diff) and the following error msg comes up: iso write mode is burning disc images not video_ts files
switch to iso build mode add your video_ts folder to the list and then create an image

I have been using this on my computer for 2 years now, just copying settings from my pc to theirs, am I just missing something that I have forgotten, excuse my ignorance,

can anyone help, thanks

Pyjamas
pyjamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2009, 10:51 AM   #2
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

ImgBurn only burns the iso, so just do as it suggested. Click on Mode at the top middle and select build, point the source towards the video folder and then fill in the destination and it will build the iso. Then you can go back to write mode and burn that iso to the DVD.
copyless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2009, 12:55 PM   #3
Not a god of digital video

Sorry copyless, you don't need to create an ISO at all.

Switch to build mode, drag and drop the folder containing your project onto the drop zone, select your drive as the device and click the green button.

See the guides either here or on the ImgBurn Forum.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2009, 02:15 PM   #4
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

Man, I have been wasting alot of time, I appreciate your correction, now I will have to try that.

So I can just put in the blank DVD select it as the destination and drag the video folder to the drop zone, correct? This will be in essence the same as recording on the fly, right?

Blu, I have one question though, if my above questions are correct, does it adjust the speed accordingly? I mean my question is, when I build it maintains speeds of 24x on my machine, ( I have actually seen it report a max of 163.4x) and if I were burning to a DL it would only go 2.4x, so would the build slow to compensate for the excess? I am a little confused by what happens here.
Old 5 Feb 2009, 02:20 PM   #5

Yes. If you are in trouble, go to the EZ Picker mode. It really doesn't get any easier than that.

During the write, it won't build at 24x, it just writes the files to disc at the write speed you select (try 8x on single layer media and 2.4x on MKM-001 DL Verbs. And don't forget to use good media!!!!).

Regards

Last edited by blutach; 5 Feb 2009 at 02:22 PM
Old 5 Feb 2009, 02:24 PM   #6
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Lightbulb

Hi folks,

I still like to do it the Old Fashion way ... when I have the ISO in my hand ... I know it will burn just fine ... instead of writing & burning on the fly type of mode! Less coasters! BTW, I never ever Burn faster than 8x.

G!
gonwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Feb 2009, 05:06 PM   #7

It's not "on the fly" to burn from a VIDEO_TS folder. After all, they are both just 1s and 0s on a hard drive.

On the fly means reading from a source disk in one drive and writing to a destination disk in another at the same time.

Regards
Old 6 Feb 2009, 09:27 AM   #8
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

Well that is what I have always done also, used build to put an iso on my HDD and then write it to the DL. I may have to try the other just once or twice to see how it works, but I have always been happy with the "Old Fashion Way" because on my machine it doesn't take but about 3-4 minutes to build the iso to the HDD, so it doesn't take that much more.

I only used on the fly as a relative term, but Blu maybe you can explain to me what is happening in ImgBurn when it is creating the iso, I mean what does it change structurally to the files to create an iso? If not is there somewhere I can find and read this info?