Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > ImgBurn

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2006, 05:36 AM   #1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Angry IMGburn called the new DVD decrypter,What the?

Seen a heading with the new decrypter for imgburn. Who thought of that one? Decrypter,you stick a disc in & it automatically anaylises it,imgburn same thing nothing.So why when you click on the guide it says put disc in and select burn.
More like put disc in and then commence punching holes in the wall!
bwatson105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2006, 06:26 AM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

IMGburn is for burning discs.

ImgBurn originally was the burning engine within DVD Decrypter.

DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated any longer because of "issues".

The author of both is Lightning UK.

ImgBurn is still being improved (like Nero) as DVDD now sits idle BUT I do not think you find a better decrypter agent when it is combined with the PGCEdit wizard and FixVTS and VobBlanker.
Gary D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Mar 2006, 02:03 AM   #3
Gold Member
Gold Member

You lost me a bit after quoting that many programs.Have always used decrypter along with ifo edit & used a guide that I downloaded from dvd-r digest,dated 13/2/03 without fail,till now.
Does this combination still work on new DVDs' or has microsoft or macrovision put a spanner in the works?
P.S. Is there a complete guide published similar to the one I mentioned for the apps' you mentioned?
Old 28 Mar 2006, 02:19 AM   #4
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

for a newer sony dvds with arcoss you can use good old Kill Arcoss guide by cynthia,if thats what you ment
Old 10 Apr 2006, 06:39 AM   #5
Consequence is a bigger word than you think, it's bigger than you or me

yes and some of the other companies are getting into the dummy sector game too, unless they are spin offs of sony. you almost need to have the psl2 plugin anymore for movies now days, they build a better mouse trap and we keep stealing their bait.why can't they just let me make backups of my movies in peace????

So far i haven't had the problem making backups of my cds, and it's great if someone wants to borrow them or a movie, if it comes back all screwed up just make another back up and think of how much money you just saved, or like someone broke into my truck and got hit bad trying to take my cd player out of it (should have their blood tested to get a dna profile of them), but i'm sure they are happy having 50 backups of my cd's....almost have them reburned for my auto, and look at the countless bucks i saved there, oh yeah the pawn shop won't give them squat for them either. Ha-ha. Ha-ha-ha!!!

How did i get so off subject here anyway? I'm thinking of using ImgBurn and leaving the decrypting to dvdd.

My burners Nec ND 3550A, Benq DQ60, Liteon SHW P6S, 2 Sony AW_Q170A's (free with my new system) and JLMS XJ-HD S.

Last edited by blutach; 10 Apr 2006 at 08:29 AM
dmanshead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2006, 06:47 PM   #6
If it aint broke, don't fix it

Thumbs up Hello All

I agree dvd d is the best decrypter ever created and I still use it on a daily basis as part of my backup routine. I not only decrypt with it I burn with it when I'm not using imgburn. Even 4 hard 2 do dvd's I rarely need pgcedit(though a excellent program) as long as I do the following.
1. dvd d in file mode.
2. fixvts 1.25(only works with successful rip)
3. dvd shrink
4. burn with imgburn

Imo these programs r unbeatable.Have a great day
Old 17 May 2006, 10:21 PM   #7
Gold Member
Gold Member

Two questions.The last time I read info on D/Dcrypt.. it said burning was limited to a 2x speed even though Nero's engine was capable of burning at a much higher speed at the time.On its' final release was it still only burning at 2x?
Secondly,does decrypter have any influence over neros' burning quality,or would the same results be achieved using Nero to burn the material anyway?
Old 17 May 2006, 10:41 PM   #8
Who Farted?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatson105
Two questions.The last time I read info on D/Dcrypt.. it said burning was limited to a 2x speed even though Nero's engine was capable of burning at a much higher speed at the time.On its' final release was it still only burning at 2x?
Secondly,does decrypter have any influence over neros' burning quality,or would the same results be achieved using Nero to burn the material anyway?
I've backed up hundreds of movies using DVDD, Imgburn and Nero...I have burned as high as 12X with all three. I've never heard of these programs being restricted to a 2X burn speed. I don't know how one program would affect the quality output of another program...maybe just affecting the ability to write period, such as the conflict with Roxio and Nero.
locoeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 11:08 PM   #9
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

here are links to a guide (by Cynthia)and installer (by Blutach) for pgcedit et al you may find helpful

Guide http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56831

Installer http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=58318
jamoskeag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 May 2006, 11:33 PM   #10
Not a god of digital video

@bwatson - DVD Decrypter will let you burn just as fast as your firmware will allow.

And DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn sh!ts over Ner0 any day - IMO, of course.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 01:06 AM   #11
Gold Member
Gold Member

Maybe I should have started a new thread with a different heading,but I figured it was near to the same subject.I based the question on a digest backup guide that was dated 13/2/03.At the time the guide stated that decrypter used the nero engine but was limited to 2x, even though I'm sure Nero was burning at a faster rate by that time.That being the case,I thought it might have had something to do with copyright.
So if the installed nero engine was burning at a faster rate than 2x rate.
Is'nt it logical to wonder whether it has an influence over the finished Decrypter product ?
Old 18 May 2006, 08:25 AM   #12
Not a god of digital video

It's your thread bwatson - you can take it where you want.

LUK! (the author of DVD Decrypter and ImgBurn) can best answer how his engine is based, but I would be very surprised if it had anything to do with Ner0. Can you link us to this rather old guide please?

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 06:56 PM   #13
Author of ImgBurn

It's nothing to do with Nero, you must be getting confused with something else.

I've written the engine entirely myself, from scratch.
Old 18 May 2006, 09:35 PM   #14
Just Trying To Help

Might I just take this opportunity to say, a damn fine engine it is too.

soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2006, 09:41 PM   #15
Who Farted?

Ditto...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
Walt Kelly
locoeng is offline   Reply With Quote