Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > ImgBurn

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1 Nov 2006, 08:30 AM   #1

Default one version or two versions of shrink

When I created the DVD Shrink to ImgBurn version last night I created it so that I have two versions of DVD Shrink. One that will burn directly to Nero and one DVD Shrink to IMGburn.

If I create it with only one version DVD Shrink to IMGBurn is it possible then to use either Nero or IMGBurn to burn. by checking or unchecking the box to enable burning with nero or unchecking the box.

In other words if I check the box can I burn with Nero
If I uncheck the box. burn with IMgBurn. I am confused about that.

thanks snagel I hope this is clear what I am asking.

Right now I have a DVD Shrink folder and another named DVD Shrink 2-ib.
snagel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2006, 08:50 AM   #2
Super Moderatress

You only need the version that burns with ImgBurn. When you select your burner as target - that is the same as burning with Nero. No need to uncheck/check the box.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 09:57 AM   #3

But when you select your burner as target does it burn with Nero? Or is it now burning with ImageBurn.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 10:35 AM   #4

I am a little bit confused still, is it possible by checking the box to burn with Nero to burn with Nero. and then by unchecking the box and selecting iso and burn with Image burn to burn with IMG Burn with only the one version. Does one set of options burn with Nero and another set burn with IMG please explain and elaborate.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:05 AM   #5
Just Trying To Help

Maybe give this a read but remember it was done before RipIt4Me & ImgBurn. It should still give you an overall idea especially when you get to burning your backup.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=49051.

soup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2006, 11:25 AM   #6
Super Moderatress

Quote:
Originally Posted by snagel View Post
But when you select your burner as target does it burn with Nero? Or is it now burning with ImageBurn.
Then it's burning with Nero. You need to select burn ISO with ImgBurn if you want to burn with ImgBurn.
cynthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2006, 12:56 PM   #7
Super Moderator

If you have the version of DVD Shrink that allows you to use ImgBurn as a backup target, it tells you which program it will burn with. **Red is with Nero and Blue is with ImgBurn*** (Screen Shot Below)

Edit: If you want to burn with Nero, make sure you put a check mark in the box that says "Enable burning with Nero".

Last edited by jmet; 1 Nov 2006 at 01:06 PM
jmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Nov 2006, 03:05 PM   #8

Thank you Jmet. I don't know why I didn't see that before. I now understand it. And I see why I don't need two versions at all. I guess the part that seemed confusing is that there were two separate areas. One where you check that says enable burning with Nero and then this one. Funny, I read the part on this page that said ISO image file and burn with ImgBurn but did not see the other Burn with Nero.

Thank you, I'll now go around singing I can see clearly now, that the fog is gone.

Thanks to all of you who have been helping me understand ImgBurn.
your help is very much appreciated.
snagel.
Old 1 Nov 2006, 03:12 PM   #9
Super Moderator

Your very welcome, I'm glad I could help!
jmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Nov 2006, 12:26 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmet View Post
If you have the version of DVD Shrink that allows you to use ImgBurn as a backup target, it tells you which program it will burn with. **Red is with Nero and Blue is with ImgBurn*** (Screen Shot Below)

Edit: If you want to burn with Nero, make sure you put a check mark in the box that says "Enable burning with Nero".
OMG! Is there no end to confusion with this process? OK, dont mean to be cynical here. Heck, I have atleast 50 more hours I can dedicate before thorough comprehension

But really, does it matter what you are burning with? Does Nero present problems that ImgBurn avoids?
marks_c5tt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Nov 2006, 12:40 PM   #11
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

@ Mark,
Practical concern. Imgburn is free, nero is not.
jamoskeag3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Nov 2006, 12:48 PM   #12
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

And DVD Shrink will not work with Version 6.6.1.4 of Nero 6. (You have to use 6.6.0.18 or earlier!)

Nero 7 will burn with Shrink if I recall correctly.
Gary D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Nov 2006, 12:41 AM   #13

Question re: marks c5tt

Quote:
Originally Posted by marks_c5tt View Post
OMG! Is there no end to confusion with this process? OK, dont mean to be cynical here. Heck, I have atleast 50 more hours I can dedicate before thorough comprehension

But really, does it matter what you are burning with? Does Nero present problems that ImgBurn avoids?

I am sure glad you understand it well. However I hope if you ever need help that I am around to help you understand with a cynical comment or such. I have atleast (at least) 50 or more hours that I'd love to dedicate to your comprehension.

Last edited by snagel; 5 Nov 2006 at 12:42 AM Reason: complete thought
Old 5 Nov 2006, 12:47 AM   #14

However I do appreciate people like Jmet, Chewy, Blutach, Cynthia and others who are more than willing to help. I know that when you are familiar with a application that it is hard to understand why someone else doesn't understand the same application as easy as you do. I would surmise that this is why these people are moderators and such and you and I are New members. I am more than happy to help others that I work with as much as needed to understand any of the programs that I am familiar with. I don't mind questions or helping at all. I really did not want to get rid of Nero as I do use the program for other things such as ripping MP3's and other things.