Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > ImgBurn

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Nov 2006, 10:08 PM   #1

Default Some thoughts on ImgBurn

First of all, I want to say that ImgBurn is a great program. After the first time I used it almost a year ago, I never went back to Nero. I don’t have any comments about the burning engine since I don` t have the knowledge but I have some thoughts about the general interface. The build mode is a very necessary tool. But I think the word “build” is a bit misleading, especially for someone who didn’t read the guide. I think the word “build” should be left for when actually creating an image on the hard drive from the dvd files. When burning from dvd folder directly on a dvd disc, perhaps a “file mode” would be more appropriate. (An iso mode and a file mode would look a lot like DVDDecrypter, don’t you think?). Of course, it is logical that because of the name of the program, the author prefers it this way, to keep image burning a primary choice.
Also I don’t know if it’s possible, when using dvd files, the label could it be created automatically? From the folder that contains the video.ts subfolder? And the other tabs, every time I open them, but I don’t fill in anything. If something could be useful and filled in automatically, it would be nice.
Another thing, is, an option to disable the screen saver while burning. Perhaps it would be useful for weaker machines.
(Could it be possible to include some automatic evaluation and recommendations for the system, the drive and the blanc disc, regarding the quality of the burn?)

The above are just some thoughts from an average pc user. No clue about programming. So all the above are perhaps rubbish and just ignore them.

What I feel strongly about and don’t accept any arguments, is this:
A great bravo and a huge thanks to LUK for the amazing programs he gave us all these years. DVDDecrypter and ImgBurn.
Vaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2006, 11:39 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Good post. except .....

If someone hasn't bothered to read the very simple guides, they can't complain they don't know what build mode is.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2006, 12:17 AM   #3
Banned

From my viewpoint, ANY products LUK and the entire beta and support team puts out are goint to be excellent.

And any problems that arise will be fixed properly and correctly. Their efforts and design are the best there is. Number 1 all the way.

ed klein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2006, 01:50 AM   #4
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

I like ImgBurn because of it has great support. LUK! and his beta team must be very dedicated. I have never seen ImgBurn crash on its own.

If it fails, then it is because there is a User problem like DMA, firmware, crappy media...etc. This shows the hours of testing and development that prevents the software from crashing.
Gary D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 Nov 2006, 09:11 AM   #5
Author of ImgBurn

For the volume name, just don't enter anything in the main GUI bit.

When you actually start the build process it'll generate one and prompt you to check it's ok.

I could implement the screensaver thing but it's just never been an issue. Of course if you have some CPU mega intensive 3D screensaver running, I guess it could be.
Old 13 Nov 2006, 12:48 AM   #6

Thank you very much.
I just tried it and found out that ImgBurn has a great sense of humor, too.
Vaios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2006, 01:57 AM   #7
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

It's a great program. I especially use it for DL disks as nero craps out on me on these disks.
tigerman8u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 Nov 2006, 06:40 PM   #8
djk

Default my 2 cents

i burned my first dual layer the other day with nero and it gave me an error message and a coaster. doing a google search i found this forum and joined just to say thank you. it was some thread that had been closed, but one of the members said to go with ImgBurn so I did and it worked great first burn.
a great dual layer burn program. anyway this is my first post and wanted to say thanks to the forum in general for being here and pointing me in a very
good direction when i needed help.
djk is offline   Reply With Quote