Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Software Forums > ImgBurn

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18 Feb 2007, 11:30 AM   #1
Digital Video Technician
Digital Video Technician

Default Verification Problems with new Version??

@ LIGHTNING UK!

I just downloaded the new version as I was using the previous one to build and to write ISO files. Since installing the new version I have problems with the verifying a burnt ISO. My drive cycles (opens) after the burn then starts the verify process. It doesn't start it just says device isn't ready or becoming ready or no disk in the drive. I never had this problem with the previous version as I verify all my ISO's.

I have to cycle the tray once or twice by pressing the button then the drive starts the verifications process. Samsung drive, never had this issue with previous vesion of ImgBurn. Any ideas??

Thanks,

AV
Art Vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2007, 01:40 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

On re-inserting the disk, the drive is telling you that it can't read the disk. Samsungs aren't the greatest drive btw. But are you saying this behaviour doe not happen in 2.1.0.0?

What media are you using Art?

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 Feb 2007, 01:57 PM   #3
Digital Video Technician
Digital Video Technician

Les, this started after installing the new version. I am using Sony+RW's made in japan. I use them to look at the change from using diff. filter settings.

One other thing, when DVD-RB launches ImgBurn to burn the files, I see the box for close program is checked but it didn't shut down ImgBurn when finished. I have to use ctrl/alt/del to close it since I can't even click on the red box to shut down. The log shows it has the comand to close but doesn't close.

No changes to my system and with the previous version it worked perfect with DVD-RB. I have downloaded the previous version and may go back to it but that seems crazy. It must be something simple, there is no way I found a bug. I wonder if other people have this issue or am I on my own?
Old 18 Feb 2007, 03:49 PM   #4

If the red box isn't showing, I expect program control hasn't been handed back from the drive to ImgBurn.

Better wait for LUK on this one.

Regards
Old 18 Feb 2007, 04:18 PM   #5
Digital Video Technician
Digital Video Technician

No Les, the red box is there to close the program but it doesn't when clicking on it. It shows in the log file below that the comand was sent to close but program doesn't close.

Really strage, the drive after the tray cycles doesn't start the verify process. I have to cycle the tray buy pressing the open button on the drive, then the verification process will start.
Old 18 Feb 2007, 04:39 PM   #6

It's still trying to read the disk, I reckon. Once the drive takes hold, the prog waits for it to give power back to it. That would be one reason the close box doesn't work. But normally, LUK! puts these amusing messages like "I'm waiting for the drive" in these situations.

You may like to post a log. Particularly one which shows what commands are going back and forth to the drive (press F8).

Regards
Old 18 Feb 2007, 09:53 PM   #7
Author of ImgBurn

Assuming the program does actually cycle the tray (as would be visible by the line in the log), it then waits for the drive to say it's 'Ready' again.

If it never becomes ready, you can do 1 of 2 things:

Eject / Reinsert the tray again manually in the hope that it'll read it a second time around.
Cancel it.

If the drive doesn't become ready on it's own, the message in the status bar will tell you exactly what the drive considers its status to be - i.e. 'Medium Not Present' etc.