Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > MP4, MKV, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Dec 2007, 08:49 AM   #1

Question-2 Convert EVOB to PS3 H.264 Questions

Hello all,

I first want to say thanks for the PS3 H.264 Conversion Guide. I used it to put some movies from my video camera and a few dvds I own onto my ps3 and they look great. Very informative.

My XBOX 360 recently gave me the red ring of death (for the 2nd time), so I can't watch HD-DVDs. I'm pretty fed up with my XBOX and don't want to buy another one. I already have a PS3 and lots of Blu Ray movies, so I want to try and convert the 2 HD-DVD movies I own into PS3 compatible h 264 files and save them on its hard drive.

I followed the guide as if I am encoding a standard dvd but get stuck with a "Cannot Find Video Stream" error after adding the d2v job to the queue and pressing start.

I also tried skipping that step and just putting the .evo file into AVISynth Script Creator (Step 3), but I get the
"AviSynth script errorirectShowSource:RenderFile, the filter graph won't talk to me"
error.

Has anyone used this guide to sucessfully convert HD-dvd content, or am I just doing something wrong?

Thanks for everything, and anything!

Lucavi

ps - I can't watch .evo files on my hard drive (even in Power DVD 7.3 ultra)
Lucavi is offline   Reply With Quote