Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > MP4, MKV, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Jan 2008, 11:47 AM   #1

Default Deinterlace 1080i video (HDV format)

Hi everyone.

I have looked through the forums and have yet to find a good solution to this problem.

I have a HDV 1080i video cammera, and the interlacing makes the video look horrible on PC. What I want to do is clip the videos together (I use Premiere) and export them in a progressive format video that looks good on a computer. The editing aside, however, my primary goal is to deinterlace the video so it doesnt look horrible when looking at it on a monitor. I dont mind downscaling to 720p in the process, it will still look better than the 1080i video. What options do I have??

I have tried using Premiere to export the video to h.264 video in 720p, it looks marginally better than the 1080i video, however a lot of video quality is lost in the process even though I am using upward of 25Mbit/s.

I am fairly new to HD video, so pardon any misunderstandings I probably have...My ultimate goal in this is to produce the videos in H.264 format for playback on my computer until I can afford a Blu-Ray burner in a year or 2.

Thanks!!

I got a ton of Gmail (2+(and counting)GB Email from Google) invites if anyone wants one. PM or email me if you want one.

Last edited by swraman; 7 Jan 2008 at 11:49 AM
swraman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jan 2008, 01:01 PM   #2

No one???!?
swraman is offline   Reply With Quote