Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > MP4, MKV, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Oct 2009, 07:54 PM   #1

Cool H.264 Encoder Bitstream

Hello Everyone,

I have implemented H.264 encoder and decoder but encoder output bitstream is not a standard one. Its kind of proprietory. Now I want to decode my encoded bitstream using VLC player. So for that bitstream should be standard one. Can anyone suggest me how to go about it. I have gone through standard, but its confusing. Can someone suggest me any tutorial or anything?

Thanks,
Neha
Neha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Oct 2009, 11:17 PM   #2
Super Moderator

maybe installing haali splitter and ffdshow can help?

with this installed "media player classic homecinema" plays everything fine for me
Old 17 Oct 2009, 05:43 AM   #3

Cool

Hey thanks for the reply...
but actually my problem is little different...My output is not standard output bitstream, so standard decoders wont be able to decode it... I need to make my output stream a standard one....for that I need to add headers n other things (i guess for every macroblock)...so how to add those extra things to make it standard output....that is basically my problem....I am finding "H.264 standard reference material" a bit confusing in that...
Thanks
Neha
Neha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Aug 2010, 06:27 PM   #4

i can understand ur prob neha...guess v r sailing on d same boat....can u help me if u find out anything ?
mfssfm4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 Jan 2011, 11:54 AM   #5

i am not sure if this is a right idea but i think the RTP dump provided with h.264 encoder and decoder can actually help you to add header bits to your bitstream.
hardikshuklay2k is offline   Reply With Quote