Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > MP4, MKV, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 7 Apr 2012, 06:15 AM   #1
learner

Default How to make a quality video

I have Pinnacle Studio 14.
I have recorded a video on a Sony DCR-TRV80E Digital Video camera recorder. In order to edit the video, I have to pass it into Pinnacle and I need a cable into my Toshiba laptop.
I understand that best would be to use a cable from DV to Firewire into my laptop but unfortunately I don’t have such firewire connection on my laptop.
There is another connection on my Sony recorder, a USB, but my Pinnacle prog. does not recognise it at all. (I tried importing it).
What I did is to download the movie into another computer (PC) with the firewire into Pinnacle, but after making it into a movie file, I find that the quality is no good at all.
What can I do to pass the recorded movie to Pinnacle so that I can edit it and then get the same quality that I normally get when recorded with my other Sanyo HD MPEG-4, AVC/H264 (full HD 1920x1080) camera passed into Pinnacle and set to make files of 720p. Mpeg4 ???,
learner is offline   Reply With Quote