Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > MP4, MKV, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13 Oct 2011, 09:00 AM   #1

Default Sanyo CG10 - can't download videos!

Hi! My understanding of this is so basic I can't use conventional digilangueage to express my question, so in normal English:

We have a Sanyo CG10, which we got about 18 months ago. It records fine, we can easily download photos, but have so far completely failed to download any videos, as we just can't get it to work. Each time we follow instructions to download we get adobe photoshop, but nothing to do with videos. I've just searched the net for a helpsite, but failed to find one.

Please help! AND in simple language!!! I would be so totally grateful!
tanyabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Oct 2011, 01:28 PM   #2
Administrator

This camera has a USB port that you use to connect to your PC, right? When connected, can you go to "My Computer" and see whether there's a "removable drive" that you can access and manually copy the videos from the camcorder?

It looks like the camera records in the MPEG-4/AVC format, possibly using the MP4 container. If you need help playing these types of video files, let me know which version of Windows you're using (in Windows 7, these files should play within Windows Media Player without any other actions).
Old 13 Oct 2011, 09:04 PM   #3

Thank you for that! We do indeed have a USB port; we have no problems downloading photos, it's the videos that defeat us, but I'll put my DH on the case (as I am going out, nto because I would refuse to try) and see if that solves our problem. Will report back. BTW someone did say it was a MP4 format.
Old 13 Oct 2011, 09:31 PM   #4

Yay! We have managed to download! Dh did some yesterday (downloading the videos onto a drive) and I did something else (found some Sanyo system which enables us to look at it). We're a little mystified, but we can finally see out videos. Next: a spot of editing (much needed) but it can wait!

In fact reading your posting encouraged us to try again, so we may not otherwise have discovered we had actually done it! So thanks!