Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > MP4, MKV, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264)

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5 Jan 2013, 06:52 PM   #1

Default Is there a tool/player to check downladed video files if they play correct

Hello,
From time to time some downloaded video files (mp4 or wmv format) have dowload errors.
I usually use wmp player. This means that wmp player stops playing the mp4 files and the
wmv video becomes blurry for a few seconds where the errors are in the dowloaded file.
VLC media player continues playing the mp4 files but with a blurry picture for a few seconds too. Fact is that the downloaded files have errors. I download these files again or even more times and then with some luck they play fine.

Is there a tool/video player which can check quickly that mp4/wmv files play ok. I mean I can watch them with wmp completely then I know but is there a quicker method. I know that there is no tool
which can check the integrity of mp4 files. The tool does not need to have a repair function.

Thank you for your help
hope-full is offline   Reply With Quote