Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > DivX/XviD Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Apr 2003, 05:33 PM   #1

Default cutting avi's to 1 cd

I am hoping this is an easy to solve problem. After reading the "cutting guide" I realized I have been doing it right but I have several problems. I have several divx movies (more like 20) that are all over 700MB, a common problem I am sure. I have been using VirtualDub and this has worked very many times.

I am stuck on a few movies due to an "improper VBR audio encoding" it says to save an uncompressed wav and reencode with a constant bitrate encoder. I fully understand hkow to make it a .wav with virtualdub, what do I use for the constant bitrate encoder? and how do I then use this as my audio in the new appended divx?

Thanks for your help I'm sure this isn't a very difficult problem.
Old 4 Apr 2003, 09:27 PM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

For VBR movies you have to open them up in NanDub to get rid of the skew vDub gives you since NanDub supports VBR (Variable Bitrate)
Old 5 Apr 2003, 06:00 AM   #3

Great that helped a lot, I'm still working on a few and I ran into one more problem, this time the divx had no keyframes... it is nuts. Is there a way to make keyframes in a divx because there is no way to edit it in virtualdub, it has trouble just compiling the thing.

2nd question: I have noticed that some blank cds hold more than others, maybe this is Windows rounding or different write-in on my burner/software. Does anyone know EXACTLY what a blank 700MB cd holds and if there is a brand that actually holds 701 or 702.

Again thanks for the nandub help.

P.S. I understand 700MB is 2^20*700= 734,003,200 bytes that is not the question, just which holds the most bytes and if there is a program that can read how much a blank cd holds (Nero, CloneCD, etc.)