Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > DivX/XviD Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6 Jul 2004, 07:49 AM   #1

Default Error message in DVDtoOgm 1.41.1 Beta. Can someone help?

I have installed DVDtoOgm on 3 computers. On one system, it works perfectly. On the other two, it gives the error message "Invalid d2v project!" at the end of creating a new project, or whenever trying to open any .d2v file. The error occurs with both versions 1.41 and 1.41.1. I haven't tried hunting down and installing an older version. I have tried re-ripping with various different options, and tried with rips of different DVDs. The system it works on is a dual processor P3 866MHz system running Win2k professional, the two it doesn't work on are a P3 750MHz running Win2k professional and a Celeron 2.7GHz running WinXP Home. If anyone can help, it would be greatly appreciated, as I have a lot of DVDs I'm trying to convert, and would like to take advantage of the other two machines.

Thanks,
Eldin
Old 6 Jul 2004, 11:36 AM   #2

Cool Working!

Ok, I've gotten it working on one of the two systems that it didn't work on. I'm not sure exactly what fixed it, but what I did was:

1.Uninstall DVDtoOgm, and all of the various codec packs and media players I had installed

2. re-installed the K-Lite mega codec pack (with it's default viewing + encoding settings)

3. re-installed DVDtoOgm

It now works, IF I use the "DVD2AVI" button and just use DVD2AVI to create the script, but not if I use the "Save Project" button. (before, neither option produced a working script). Anyway, off now to try to get it working on the other PC.

Eldin