Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > DivX/XviD Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Apr 2005, 08:34 PM   #1

Talking-2 No VIDEO_TS.IFO

I have already ripped a disk using smartripper (before I discovered the delights of dvd shrink!!). I no longer have the disk.

However I am left with a disk copy on my HDD (which is too big for a single DVD) where i have no VIDEO_TS for the film. DVD shrink seems to require this before it will analyse and shrink.

I DO have various vob files that CAN be properly played by a software dvd player. It's just that they have effectively been renamed away from the standard accepted form.

The files are: vts_01*.* (vts_01.ifo, vts_01_1.vob, vts_01_2.vob etc)

Q: How can I shrink my files? (I don't mind if they don't end up in a form that a TV DVD player can use so long as my computer will play the disk)

help appreciated

thanks
markg

Last edited by markyg; 12 Apr 2005 at 08:38 PM
Old 12 Apr 2005, 08:44 PM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Assuming you no longer have the disc due to it being damaged/lost .. you might find a search here on the use of IfoEdit or it might be VobEdit, might help to restore a DVD structure that DVD Shrink can work on.
Old 12 Apr 2005, 11:19 PM   #3
Not a god of digital video

Create IFOs with IfoEdit.

You can also use DVD Fab to create VIDEO_TS.IFO (Create Video Manager function) - get it at www.mrbass.org/dvdfab/.

The third way you can do it is with PgcEdit. Create new DVD (which creates a blank VIDEO_TS.IFO) and then import the VTSTs and VTSMs, then save project. You will need to enter VM commands to get things going from the first play PGC to the menu.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Last edited by blutach; 12 Apr 2005 at 11:22 PM