Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > DivX/XviD Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 6 Jan 2002, 05:15 AM   #1

Question-2 Project Manga

dont you hate it when you try to watch an anime series and you cant find a certain episode or if you do the episode quality is crap or the sound doesnt work either. I DO! I am going to try and help out on this. I love anime EX: Evangelion, Love Hina, Trigun, and Bubblegum Crisis 2040.

I decided to start my own project which is to try and be able to rip all of the episodes in a good quality and release it to the public with a fast and reliable connection. I just puchased a Sony 16x DDU1621 model, it has the fastest ripping speed. With this I also purchased another 30 GB HDD for storage and ripping.

Aight I have all of the Hardware, now the fun part. I need to know what the steps for taking a dvd to divx or vcd. For instance what are the fastest and best quality programs out there. Are divx and vcd the same. I mainly want vcd so it will play on a home DVD system. Any whay the episodes ripped have to be good quality but a small size, thats how most things go. Any help will be appreciated.
Old 6 Jan 2002, 09:00 AM   #2

i would recommend u to use DvdX 1.4b (latest version is 1.6 but 1.4b is faster)

it is very ease to use, u can choose VCD (mpeg1 not divx) as output format and can choose a bitrate, u will see how much space it will need at once too.

u can find a workshop (in german but u only need to have a look on the screenprints) at
www.e-media.at

Just search for "dvdx" and u will find the workshop
Old 6 Jan 2002, 09:03 AM   #3

u can easily make VideoCDs with Nero Burning Rom
www.ahead.de

it has a nice wizard when u start the prog, u just have to select other type of cds and select video cds, u can make a cd that u can play back on DVD standalone players (on most i think), svcd is just supported by latest players.

Note that i am able to burn 760-790 MB on a 700 MB CD !!! with Nero using this VCD ability! But it does only work with DVD-Players (on PCs u also have to use DVD software!)
Old 6 Jan 2002, 09:04 AM   #4

also note, that u get best performance by making 2 VCDs instead of one (especially when the movie needs more than 2 hours or so)

Always choose a bitrate of at least 900 or 1000 kb/sec, i would recommend a max of 2400 kb or so, u wont get better results then.