Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > DivX/XviD Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15 Feb 2005, 07:12 PM   #1

Exclamation-2 Video Security Bypass

I used the tutorial on the following page to guide myself in converting a commercial DVD to DivX... See http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/...dianknot.html. I have downloaded various DivX files and find them attractive because I can set them to full screen and take advantage of my dual monitor setup to view the movies in letterbox by having them span both monitors. It is not possible to play a DVD that I own because certain security precautions prevent the video from being displayed on more than one monitor. I am searching for information on how to strip that security measure away from the video. I figured if I converted the DVD that I own to DivX, that security would be purged from the video and I would be able to play the DivX AVI like I did for the downloaded movie and I would be able to set it to span both monitors. When I do this, it only appears on my primary monitor and the secondary monitor just shows black. It is the same effect that occurs when I play the original disc.

Does anybody have any information or suggestions on how to remove this feature from the video so that I can encode DivX files that will span both monitors? That's the whole reason I got the second monitor and I can't even use it for its intended purpose! I appreciate any assistance.
Old 16 Feb 2005, 04:18 AM   #2
Retired

"It is not possible to play a DVD that I own because certain security precautions prevent the video from being displayed on more than one monitor."

There is no such protection on COMMERCIAL DVDs. In all probability, you haven't set up your dual monitor system properly...

In order to remove ALL copy protection from a DVD, use DVD Decrypter (in "File" mode. Select "ALL files", NOT "movie files") to eliminate copy protection and write an unprotected version of the DVD to your hard drive