Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > DivX/XviD Conversion/Encoding

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Jan 2005, 05:25 AM   #1

Default Vidomi and external subtitle and audio

Hello. I have recorded tv-program with DigiTVCard. That original/recorded file is mpeg (transport stream) which includes subtitles. Then I have demuxed the recorded/original file (mpeg; transport stream) with ProjectX or PVAStrumento. The result is 1. mpeg or mpv (video), 2. mpa (audio) and 3.sup/son (subtitle). I would like to get Divx/Xvid file which has subtitles in the video (burned in subtitle; part of the video; no external subtitle file). I have done DivX files with Vidomi from other DigiTVCard recordings but those files(recordings) did not have subtitles.

1. If I choose the original mpeg file (transport stream) then Vidomi does add (in the Subtile options window) track1 into the “use subtitle track” list. But even if I choose that track there is no burned in subtitle in the resulting DivX/XviD file. How can I get those subtitles which are in the original mpeg (transport stream) included into the DivX/XviD file?

2. If I choose the demuxed mpeg/mpv file (which has no audio or subtitles) is it possibile to add the external subtitle file (son,sup etc.) to the DivX file? I did not find this kind of option in the “Subtitle options”.

3. If I choose the demuxed mpeg/mpv file (which has no audio or subtitles) is it possible to add the external audio file (mpa or that file in mp3 format) to the XviD/DivX file and turn it into mp3 format or do I have to Use VirtualDub/Nandub to add audio file afterwards into the DivX/XviD file?

Thanks.

Ps. Is the Vidomi development finished? The homepage is there but forum is down.