Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Jan 2004, 04:19 PM   #1

Default Help with DVD Burning ... same chapters get displayed twice..

I am trying to take a backup of my DVDs that i have bought over christmas. now i am trying to backup using DVD shrink however whenever i try to use dvd shrink it shows in the main movie 2 chapters however when i play both the chapters they are the same main movie twice. Now i am wondering if the movie/dvd makers do this one purpose so they make a the DVD bigger in size...

Now what do i do to make my dvds work to a 4.7 Gig size... currently i am trying to compress the second chapter to pictures only with no audion making it 100 meg in total size....

will that make my DVDs work.. is there a better way i can do it.. last time i tried to reauthor the disk and skip that chapter however the dvd was burnt with menus .. however the menus did not work like menus they were more like chapters and not like the real menus..

Can someone please suggest two things
1. do i need to have both the chapters... if not is one good enough and the second one a picture only...
2. is there a better way to burn these dvds...

PLEASE SUGGEST>>
Thanks.
Old 26 Jan 2004, 06:26 AM   #2

Quote:
Now i am wondering if the movie/dvd makers do this one purpose so they make a the DVD bigger in size...
Yep i've had this on occasions also and your guess is probably right. It's simply to prevent DVD2DVD copy.

You would be better off just re-authoring with DVDshrink.
You must have made a mistake last time because the menus wouldn't be included unless you added them yourself.

Use the latest version of DVDshrink. After clicking re-author you may see Title 1 and Title 2 under main movie. Just choose title 1 and double click it then click Backup.
Old 16 Feb 2004, 04:05 AM   #3

I had the same issue with some DVDs I tried to backup,

Most likely you have the same movie twice because one of them is in widescreen format and the other one is in fullscreen.

Choose one that better fits your TV and minimize the other one to Still Pictures, or just Re-Author the DVD.