Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Archived Posts > Authoring and Editing

 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Jun 2002, 12:37 AM   #1
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 10
Default Jerkiness at Start and End

I have been converting DVD two 2 DVD-R's since mid last week (those of you who need help with this, please feel free to ask).

I rip with Smartripper, movie-only files into two sections, edit with IfoEdit, then burn to DVD+R or +RW (HP Media) using Veritas RecordNowMax 4.0 (either direct VIDEO_TS or image file, it doesn't matter).

Movie VOB's totalling 5Gb or under can fit on one DVD+R, above 5Gb requires two (generally).

After the rip and ifo edits, the standalone movies, in two sections, play PERFECTLY on the IfoEdit player and PowerDVD 3.0. When I burn to DVD+R in 80% of the cases I get a perfect burn. In the other 20% I get the same, weird problem:

The first chapter of the first disk - usually through the credits - and the final chapter of the second disk - usually just before the credits - pause and start, pause and start, with video breakup/pixelation and audio breakup. In every case, the next chapter from the beginning (and all other chapters) are perfect. I can author that same VIDEO_TS file to a DVD+R or a DVD+RW, and the glitching behavior is identical - always the first chapter of the FIRST disk and often near the end of the SECOND disk. I'm using high-quality media (or so I think - HP DVD+RW and +R), and the occurrence in the same positions makes me think it's not a media problem?

All you gurus out there please help! This happend with The Others and Life is Beautiful. This weekend I did perfect rips/burns of From Hell, Sexy Beast, and Iron Monkey, all using the same process and same media.

-Adam
adamonebox is offline  
 

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +10. The time now is 11:19 PM.

Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2018 Digital Digest

Visit DivXLand   Visit dvdloc8.com