Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Hosted Forums > DivXLand.org Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 1 Nov 2010, 02:56 AM   #1

Exclamation-2 Can't change the font on DivX Media Subber

Hi again everyone,

I'm back after my computer of 6 years (after several attempts to save it), decided to stay dead, and I was stuck losing a lot of my files. However, I was able to save my current project on the other hard-drive, and my friend was kind enough to retrieve it, and then email it to me (I've got a new computer, and am just getting used to Windows 7.).

Anyway, once again, I'm having a problem with this subbing project. For some reason, I can't change the font of the subs that show up in the actual video (I add the subs to the video manually and watch it before embedding).

I go into the settings and can change the color and outline, but no matter how I apply the font, it remains the same style, and worse, the same size--much too large. I'd like to be able to fit the new subs over the current embedded subs (since the new subs are yellow and the old ones are white, the new ones are perfectly legible).

Does anyone know why I'm having this problem, and how I can fix this? Any help would be immensely appreciated.

Ah, in case this helps, the alignment is center/bottom, the "Top" is 20, and no matter what I enter in the "Left" and "Right", it doesn't seem to alter the look of the subtitles either.
Rusalka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 Feb 2011, 10:46 PM   #2

After you change the font, color, alignment, top, etc... press ok, then go to File, Save as, select Substation Alpha format, then ok and replace the old file, otherwise the changes don't apply. Then open the video and the subtitle in your player and you can see the changes.
Irinel is offline   Reply With Quote