Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Hosted Forums > DivXLand.org Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 3 Jun 2007, 06:58 AM   #1

Default I have a problem with the DivXLand Media Subtitler

hi.....could someone help me with this......when i tried to embed subtitles (making all the repair stuff with the audio of avi file) the following messenge shows up:" VirtualDub Error
Can't open script file"

if someone knows how to repair it please tell me.
thanks
laroca123
laroca123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Jun 2007, 01:43 AM   #2

I'm facing the same problem
Badfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jun 2007, 01:46 AM   #3

The problem is that latest VirtualDub versions seem not to understand the format of the script file anymore. Try using VirtualDub 1.6.14, this version worked OK.
Inuya5ha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Jun 2007, 04:14 AM   #4

Angry-2 I have the a litle bit worst

My problem is: I make the subtitles (using avi archive), Save and when a close up the program my computer stops, simply stops, I have to restart the computer mannualy because none commands works.
macnogales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 Jun 2007, 02:26 PM   #5

Try reinstalling WMP or installing a different version, like 10 or 11.
Old 17 Jun 2007, 08:11 PM   #6

i down load a dvd to my hard drive using shrink and it wont let me burn can someone helpl plz
wallabybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Aug 2007, 11:21 AM   #7

The error "the Xvid encoder DLL could not be found" means the XviD codec was not found. Please download and install it to embed the subtitles with Media Subtitler and VirtualDub.
Old 13 Sep 2007, 10:55 AM   #8

Default DIVXLAND = File ext *.srt was not found ?????

I've already download + install DivXLand Media Subtitler 2.0.5.
But when i open text or substitle, there is shown file *.srt was not found.
Could you please help me for this problem????

Thanks
refineries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jan 2008, 05:09 AM   #9

Question-2

I can't understand why people make apps without documentation, and really poor error messages. They expect people to know magically know what they mean. I need the xvid encoder codec, yet i dont know where it needs to go, or the filename. I have DivX already, I installed the damn thing. I'm probably gonna end up with 200 copies of the same thing all over my hard disk, yet it still won't work.

The *right* way to do software is to bundle dependencies if they don't have them already, and ask the user if they want it. Short of that, Is it so hard to include the filename, and where its expected to be, if its not bundled with the package, and/or documentation?!! Don't keep people in the dark !
joeblo23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Jan 2008, 02:46 AM   #10

The lack of documentation is because the program is quite straightforward.

I don't think it's needed to make a documentation just to explain how to install the XviD codec... you install it like any other program in Windows, in the location you want as usual. Now if you don't know how to run an installer program, or never used Windows in your life, I can't help you get started with that. Also, icons and stuff don't magically appear in your desktop by your will: you have to download or acquire them... do I need to explain that the XviD codec can be downloaded from DivXLand.org or by searching in Google? I don't think so.

For VirtualDub you must specify it's folder because their developers think it would be cool not to create an installer... go blame them for that. Yet Media Subtitler considers this and that's why it ask you to specify it's location manually.

I definitely cannot bundle neither XviD nor VirtualDub with the DMS setup because they are third-party software that is protected by their respective licences.

Regarding the lack of error messages... you seem to ignore (again) that XviD and VD are external programs, therefore if they are failing to perform the encoding process, it's quite difficult for DMS to find out what went wrong. That's why I insist in using VD version 1.6.14 and XviD 1.1.0, which were tested successfully when making the subtitle embedding feature.

Last edited by Inuya5ha; 15 Jan 2008 at 02:56 AM
Old 28 Jul 2008, 12:21 AM   #11

Default Cannot solve Xvid encoder problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuya5ha View Post
The error "the Xvid encoder DLL could not be found" means the XviD codec was not found. Please download and install it to embed the subtitles with Media Subtitler and VirtualDub.
It seems a nice and simple programm to me, just what I was looking for. Nevertheless I'm also stucked with the same problem as described above, I've installed all encoders mentioned on Divxland.com, but it's still saying the Xvid encoder could not be found. Could you perhaps indicate which specific encoder / programm I should istall in order to get it to work?
Barry200 is offline   Reply With Quote