Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Hosted Forums > DivXLand.org Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Aug 2008, 04:55 AM   #1

Default issue with Subtitler and Encore2.0

First I have to say I love the ease of use of Media Subtitler, but I have an issue. I create the subs using the click and hold method, I save as an Adobe encore TXT, but because I believe MST uses hours:minutes:seconds:milliseconds rather than frames (even though it says it does), Encore will skip the overlapping subtitles so it doesn't work for me. I had found a work around by taking that file into Subtitle workshop and just saving it again there and it was fine.

That still works, sort of. My workaround was perfect with apparently an older version of Media Subtitler, but I updated and now I get this:
with a show time of 00:00:19,000 and a hide time of 00:00:27,000
this is the text.

893 00:00:26:1492 Buenas Dias. Me llamo la juesa Estela DeLaCruz, de la court superior de la Nueva Jersey.

I beleive the ,000 show that Media Subtitler is using milliseconds rather than frames and something is causing the errant numbers to appear in the subtitle. It's in every line and appears to have some connection to the hide time code.

Any ideas of another work around or will there be an update of Media Subtitler that will use hours:minutes:seconds:frames for adobe encore?
omegaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Aug 2008, 05:39 AM   #2

Well. after trying various output formats etc, I just hit upon the answer, even though the video is 29.97 fps, if I export as 30 fps it works. hope these experiments help someone else.
omegaman is offline   Reply With Quote