Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24 Jan 2009, 06:04 AM   #1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Adding video time to match audio

I've got a home made video that is roughly 5:06 and the existing audio is undesirable. I want to replace the audio with a specific audio file that is roughly 5:13.5. Of course, I don't want to cut off the audio at 5:06. That's too easy. I want the entire audio. Therefore, I need to increase the video time to match the audio. In other words, I need to add roughly 7.5 seconds to the end of the video. I want to do this with a still frame. I'm pretty sure this is doable and probably fairly simple, but I'm having a little trouble figuring it out.

This is what I've done so far:
1. Demuxed (with PGCDemux) and remuxed (with Muxman) with the new audio. I realize I may need to remux again if I should have added the still frame beforehand.

2. I added a blank cell at the end of the remuxed video with PGCEdit. However, I can't seem to figure out how to increase the playback time of the blank cell to 7.5 seconds.

Finally, I know that once I've got the correct playback time of the added cell and my still frame, I will need to replace the blank cell with the still frame in VobBlanker.

Can someone please help?
rdkapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jan 2009, 07:44 AM   #2
Not a god of digital video

You're almost there. You don't need blank cells or VobBlanker.

1. Demux - you'll have an m2v and audio fle.
2. With muxman, add the original m2v AND a BMP. Set the BMP's time to 7.5 seconds. Also in muxman, add the substituted audio stream.

This technique is similar to that "Save heaps of MBs" in my signature (except you don't need to cut anything).

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote