Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10 Nov 2002, 05:11 AM   #1
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3
Question AVI files to a DVD+R

Hello,

I want to put a movie (divx, avi-format) on a dvd+r for playing in my stand alone dvd player( no vcd or svcd) with subtitles, wich method is the best for this, i know the the tmpgenc method to convert but how to do the subtitles???

Greets,

Gert!
Gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 Nov 2002, 09:54 PM   #2
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 24
Default Re: AVI files to a DVD+R

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Gert
[B]Hello,

I want to put a movie (divx, avi-format) on a dvd+r for playing in my stand alone dvd player( no vcd or svcd) with subtitles, wich method is the best for this, i know the the tmpgenc method to convert but how to do the subtitles???

TMPGENC is THE method... Install VobSub and in TMPENC/options/ enviromentol settings/VFAPI plugins, right click on Directshow Multimedia File reader and say higher priority until he's on top off the list. The subtitels then will be inserted in the input file while you're converting,
Cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2002, 09:16 AM   #3
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 6
Default

I wonder if you have succeeded in your task..... as far as I know, a stand alone
dvd player will not playback any divx movies. Just recently first such a player appeared on a US market - see www.divx.com
Honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 05:17 AM   #4
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Copycat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: arround
Posts: 5
Default

Try to use this guide-->
http://www.technosoft2000.co.uk/divx/dvd/divx2dvd/
Copycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2002, 05:40 AM   #5
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 3
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Copycat
Try to use this guide-->
http://www.technosoft2000.co.uk/divx/dvd/divx2dvd/
Thanks for your guide but the movie that i want to convert is 23.397 fps and i want to convert it to 25.000 fps... can you tell me how to do ?

Gert!
Gert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 07:55 AM   #6
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3
Question guide useage

I used this guide got the divx files converted but cant get nero to burn them ...says the file is too big..... how do I set nero so I can watch the converted file on my stand alone dvd player


as usual all help appreciated


Cheers
joker327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 08:06 AM   #7
Moderator
 
gd_nimrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Montreal
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Gert
Thanks for your guide but the movie that i want to convert is 23.397 fps and i want to convert it to 25.000 fps... can you tell me how to do ?
Simply open up TMPGenc, select ur avi file and select the PAL video format since you want 25.000fms.
Note: You will get an .mpg file but simply convert it back to avi in VirtualDub.
__________________
Did you know you can SEARCH the forum? Fixes common problems too:
http://forum.digital-digest.com/search.php

Also search on the whole Digital-Digest website:
http://www.digital-digest.com/search.html
gd_nimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 08:20 AM   #8
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 6
Default Re: guide useage

Quote:
Originally posted by joker327
I used this guide got the divx files converted but cant get nero to burn them ...says the file is too big..... how do I set nero so I can watch the converted file on my stand alone dvd player


as usual all help appreciated


Cheers

Just set nero to burn your dvd in udf format 1,02.
Honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Dec 2002, 09:44 AM   #9
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 3
Question call me dumb

ok sorry must sound like a complete idiot but how do i do that


" hanging my head in shame lol"
joker327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 Dec 2002, 04:11 AM   #10
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Posts: 6
Default Re: call me dumb

Quote:
Originally posted by joker327
ok sorry must sound like a complete idiot but how do i do that


" hanging my head in shame lol"

NERO - FILE - NEW - choose DVD - choose DVD-ROM (UDF) - BURN
Honza is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +10. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2018 Digital Digest

Visit DivXLand   Visit dvdloc8.com