Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 27 Aug 2009, 05:41 AM   #1

Default Basic newbie question about HD-->Avi

Hi all,
Sorry if this is not the right forum...I'm so new to HD video and I'm wondering if it's possible (or if it just doesn't make sense) to take an .M2T file, which was rendered with Vegas, and convert it to .Avi. The reason for this is that the only software I have that burns to a DVD wants an avi for input.

Bottom line is that I want to create a DVD format video (with the VIDEO_TS folder, the vobs, etc) from the .m2t file. I don't see an option in Vegas to do that. If the Output is a DVD it just burns an .M2t file to the dvd disc--I don't want that, I want it burned but in the format where the dvd will just play when you pop it in the dvd player.

Is this not a common thing in this type of software (vegas, after-effects, etc), or do I need another piece of software to take it from the rendered output of Vegas and then go to the .vob files on a DVD?
Thanks,
Tom
TommyTutone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 Aug 2009, 06:18 PM   #2

No experience with vegas, but I think you can use a dvd authoring tool to author the M2T file to Video-TS file since converting M2T to AVI will degrade your video quality. I have been trying MPEG Video Wizard DVD recently and it can author M2T file to Video-TS file(vobs, ifo, bup) and also has the burn function. You might have a try. Good luck.

Last edited by nothing; 27 Aug 2009 at 06:22 PM
nothing is offline   Reply With Quote