Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11 Aug 2004, 02:19 AM   #1

Default DVDReMakePro the best till proved otherwise, yet expensive

Which DVD editing software do you suggest? Is DVDReMakePro the very best out there or there is a better alternative?

I'm actually doing a research to find the ideal editing software before putting my hand deep into my wallet.

DVDReMakePro looks as if it can do pretty much everything I need but it doesn't have the most intuitive interface. Although I consider myself an advanced user I find DVDReMakePro too hard just because its interface does not encapsulate the complexity of a DVDs structure.

As an extension of the above, the second issue I don't like about DVDReMakePro is the lack of a detailed manual possibly in pdf format that I can print out and do my little study. At a price tag of nearly $40 I can't help but compare what you get in the non-internet-virtual-world with a box including a CD-Rom (maybe more or even a DVD-Rom) and a printed manual.

Don't get me wrong here; I'm not an enemy of DVDReMakePro. Actually I haven't found a better alternative yet. But at this price tag I think it's fair to be asking for more. I know that a change in the interface is not the easiest and fastest thing to implement and I'm not talking about looks here but functionality/flexibility/intuition. So, an alternative for me would have been a well-thought, well-organized and well-structured printable electronic manual. Some online guides I found are quite poor.