Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24 May 2009, 11:14 AM   #1

Default First time user VobBlanker

I have been reading through the tutorial and I cant seem to preview anything. I cant find anything in the readmes about adding a video player. I am planning to use vobblanker to trim down my burns while maintaining menus. Mostly i need to cut out the previews and minmize the menus. Looks like this is the program that i need to use but any assurances on that would be appreciated. If there are any ways to automate this prcoess i would love to know, if not at least this will keep both me and my girl happy.

Thanks in advance.
dannath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2009, 11:45 AM   #2
Not a god of digital video

No player needs to be added. This might have something to do with your video card.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2009, 01:07 PM   #3

well i have a geforce 9500gt series vid i have a pair of them if that makes any dif. I will download new drivers and install them tomorrow this is a relatively fresh vista install btw. It has also been updated.
Old 24 May 2009, 11:15 PM   #4
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Try to tick the "Do Not Use Overlays" option (in Settings -> More Settings menu, Previews frame.)

Also, be sure to close all other video windows before opening VB.
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 May 2009, 09:05 AM   #5

ok i made the change in settings and i have updated the video driver which made me want to pull my hair out. But everything is back up and running the way it was before. I have been able to use vobblanker on my gf's laptop but as of yet not totally successfully on my main computer. She doesn't live with me so this is still a big issue. I have noticed some quirks about the program. As i have mentioned i have 2 video cards this gives me the ability to have 4 monitors, which with windows isn't always all that much fun but when it works right it is awesome. Anyway here is what its doing. I am now able to view from 1 of the 4 monitors it is the main monitor, which isnt my best monitor. I think the color is better on the lcd that is above it. When i try to move vobblanker to one of the other monitors the preview pane goes blank, when i move it back it works fine. Any suggestions from here would be great.
Old 26 May 2009, 02:23 PM   #6
Not a god of digital video

Use the monitor that works. It is a previewer, aimed at assisting you in doing things in VobBlanker, not a DVD player.

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 May 2009, 07:09 AM   #7

I have been its not as easy to see and not as functional as I would like it did work for a bit one day on the other monitor. I have been using dvd shrink to give me a better view when i need it can't always figure out what I'm looking at. Anyway thanks for your help.