Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16 Jul 2006, 06:43 AM   #1

Default How To Combine Video_ts Files Into A Single Dvd Video

Guys I have got Video_TS files that I burnt whilst i was still learning the art. I can play the rest of the movie in them but not as a single video, i get to open 6 files to see the rest of the movie using power dvd.

Can you please tell me how I can combine these files into a single dvd video.......I tried to use dvd shrink but it says its a wrong navigation structure........when i use nero the files do not pass the compliance test

Please help
Phillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 06:49 AM   #2
Bronco Guru

Sounds like you've lost the IFOs & BUPs that go with those VOBs. The best solution is to re-rip the source DVDs. Otherwise, you'll need a mastering program like TMPGEnc's DVDAuthor.
Steve83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 07:03 AM   #3
Demigod of Digital Video

now, i may be reading you wrong, but to playback a full dvd on your HD, this is my way
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=54219
"You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
(An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

LT. Columbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 09:16 AM   #4
Digital Video Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phillip
Guys I have got Video_TS files that I burnt whilst i was still learning the art. I can play the rest of the movie in them but not as a single video, i get to open 6 files to see the rest of the movie using power dvd.

Can you please tell me how I can combine these files into a single dvd video.......I tried to use dvd shrink but it says its a wrong navigation structure........when i use nero the files do not pass the compliance test

Please help
I think that you're saying you want to merge those titles?
You can do so by using this method of joining the VOBs, and then creating the matching IFOs and BUPs.

http://forum.digital-digest.com/atta...5&d=1147304364

Hope that is what you're trying to do and the info helps.

Antec 900 ATX Mid Tower
Antec True Power Trio 650W PSU
ABIT IP35 Pro LGA 775 Intel Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 2.4GHz CPU (Overclocking @ 2.9GHz)
XFX GeForce 8600GT 256MB GDDR3 Video Card
Patriot eXtreme Performance (2 x 1GB) DDR2 SDRAM
Seagate Barracuda(Perpendicular Recording) 320GB SATA 3.0Gb

*SAMSUNG 18X LightScribe SATA SH-S183L DVD▒R
*Sony DRU-810A IDE DVD▒R
*BenQ LS DW1655 IDE DVD▒R
MikeyBK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 Jul 2006, 10:23 PM   #6

Guys I have used the guides to create a dvd from multiple files.......after I rename my files into VTS_01_001.VOB, VTS_01_002 and VTS_01_003 I used Vobedit to join the files and saved the ouput into new folder.

I do not get a single Vob after joinging them, I get new files renamed into VTS_01_01, VTS_01-02, VTS_01_03..........how come I dont get single file....this a first question

The second question is after I have this files I have to use Ifoedit to create ifo files........must I do this for each and every file or would it be just the first VTS_01_01 file only? does Ifoedit automatically creates BUP files when it asks if bup files should be created when saving or would I hve to create BUP files? Must I use nero or dvd shrink to put together the video when I am done. Please advice further
Old 17 Jul 2006, 12:16 AM   #7
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

Quote:
I do not get a single Vob after joinging them, I get new files renamed into VTS_01_01, VTS_01-02, VTS_01_03..........how come I dont get single file....this a first question
First question, depending on the file size, VobEdit can create more than one .vob file. For making this guide, I used only one sample clip and that why only one .vob was made

Quote:
The second question is after I have this files I have to use Ifoedit to create ifo files........must I do this for each and every file or would it be just the first VTS_01_01 file only?
No, you only need to select the first .vob of the titleset

Quote:
does Ifoedit automatically creates BUP files when it asks if bup files should be created when saving or would I hve to create BUP files?
Of course, .bup file is the backup of .ifo file. Therefore, IfoEdit creates both of these files for you

Quote:
Must I use nero or dvd shrink to put together the video when I am done
You can use DVD Shrink after first to check your DVD is correctly created and seconf to reduce the filesize to fit if needed. You can then burn with Nero or create the image of your DVD with DVD Shrink and burn it with ImgBurn or DVD Decrypter.

Just remember to set the default language and run the Mockstrip after you are done with IfoEdit. Good luck

Regards
benbryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 Jul 2006, 02:42 AM   #8

Thanks, I created the IFO and BUP files and burnt with Nero.......the video plays well.

Just for interest though and to improve....when I opened the Vts_folder where I created the IFO and BUP files, DVD_Shrink indicated invalid data on Vts 01_03. I then tried to perform the mock strip with Ifoedit on the file, when I opened the file there were no audio streams in it to check and strip.......I tried three time to click strip anyway and then it makes an era.

I summary then the file indicated as containing "invalid data" by dvdshrink that I have to perform mock strip on does not show any audio stream or subpictures to strip its empty.......how do u deal with this?
Old 17 Jul 2006, 07:06 AM   #9
Not a god of digital video

Does it play OK?

You don't mock strip a file - you mock strip a domain.

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 Jul 2006, 06:25 PM   #10

well i didnt finish the movie it played for half the time......why do i not see the streams to check when i try to perform mock strip to the file selected by dvd shrink as errorneous?
Old 22 Jul 2006, 09:49 PM   #11
Not a god of digital video

A mock strip is easy. Open the relevant IFO in IfoEdit. Click on VOB extras. Then click OK. In the following screens make sure everything is ticked and then click strip. When it is finished all the pointers should be OK.

If this is a bit complicated, just run the DVD through either FixVTS or if that doesn't work, VobBlanker.

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote