Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2 Nov 2002, 04:41 AM   #1

Default Invalid VOB message from IFOEDIT/PowerDirector Pro

This is what Iíve been doing: I run WinXP on a Dell 1.4Ghz P4 with a Geforce 2 video card. Iíve been using AverTV Studio to capture analog video, either live or from a VCR, of American football games. I bring these captured files into PowerDirector Pro, edit out the commercials, and then create an MPEG2 movie from the edited clips. I then use the Disk Maker utility that came with PowerDirector Pro to create chapters and convert the movie to VOB files that I burn to disc using Nero. I have a Memorex +RW/R burner. These all work fine and the DVDs play fine in my stand-alone Sony DVD HT system.

The problem is that it takes two DVDs to capture an entire game. So I attempted to compress the video as follows: 1) Used DVD Decrypter to split the streams, resulting in a .M2V and a .PCM file, 2) Used REMPEG2 to compress the .M2V, and then 3) Attempted to re-mux using IFOEDIT. Got an invalid VOB message and also discovered IFOEDIT doesnít support .PCM files.

SoÖ I redid the rip using Smart Ripper and ended up with a .M2V file and a .WAV file. Used REMGEG2 to compress and IFOEDIT returned the same message. In fact, it returns that message if I try to use the original stripped .M2V prior to using REMPEG2. This implies to me that PowerDirector Pro is somehow encoding the VOB incorrectly, because I get the message no matter if I use DVD Decrypter or Smart Ripper to create the .M2V file.

Anybody else have a similar problem, or better yet, a solution to this problem?
HOKIE DK is offline   Reply With Quote