Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 22 Dec 2009, 03:15 AM   #1

Default Joining 2 Avis with Different Sampling Rates

Recorded something on my DVD recorder and it split into 2 files while recording (I don't know why). Rather than rerecord it I ripped the DVD to my PC using DVD Decrypter then converted with AutoGK, but when I went to join the 2 parts in VirtualDub they had different sampling rates and I couldn't do it.
I did a Google search and found threads on this forum which really helped with the joining problem, but it 'caused' a new problem.

Part a=OK. Part b had audio out of sync which I fixed with Avimux. Tried to join Parts a & b - no go - until I saved Part a (as is with no changes) so both parts had the same rates. Fixed! I now have 2 separate files that are both fine, but as soon as I join them into 1 file the audio in the latter part of the joined file goes out of sync and I can't work out why. If I fix the sync so the latter part is fine the first part is out (of course).

I've fiddled about in Avimux, VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod with the sync problem and keep saving both parts with the same programme to keep the rates of everything the same and as I said - as separate files - great! Join them together and pfft!

Any suggestions?

Last edited by Olly; 22 Dec 2009 at 11:46 AM
Olly is offline   Reply With Quote