Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:06 AM   #1

Default Movie on hard drive

I have this 7.3 Gig soccer movie on my hard drive, and I would like to Burn it to 2 DVD blanks....FULL SIZE.

That is I do not want to shrink it at all.
can DVD Shrink do that?

Any "Show-How" tutorials???
thanks
vigge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:14 AM   #2
Video Fiddler

There are several ways to do this, depending on the kind of file you have and what is your desired result. Do you want to just store the file on "data" DVDs, or do you want these DVDs to play through a stand alone DVD player? In either case, you'll have to cut the file at some opportune time. You can do that easily with TMPGEnc. In the File menu, go to MPEG Tools, set the format to MPEG-2, assuming that is what you have, and then load the file, find a cut point that you like, and run it. Then you will have two files, and can either burn them directly to a data DVD for storage, or if you want to play them on a DVD player, then you need to author them, first. You can do that with TMPGEnc DVD Author (a different program than mentioned above). Anyway, that is one way, there are others. Tell us more about what you have in mind.
megamachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:27 AM   #3

I want it to be playable on any dvd player.

The stored folder on the hard drive has 2 sub folders
Audio_ts
And
Videp_ts , and all files inside the Video_ts folder start with VTS_
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:29 AM   #4
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

vigge,

Yeah, you need to state more about how you want the discs to be. If you want the movie to be on 2 Discs and want a real nice look, ddlooping even has a download "please insert Disc 2 video clip which you could use to make the movie look more like a "store-bought".

You can visit dvdshrink.info and view some easy to understand guides and have a better idea of what you can do with that movie.

P - 4 @ 1.7 Ghz, 768 mb (133) Ram, Intel 845 chipset M'board, Seagate 60 Gig., 5400 rpsm hdd, Maxtor 40 Gig. 7200 rpm hdd, Hauppauge 880 pvr card, etc.. O.S. - XP Home Edition.
Quality's Proof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:32 AM   #5
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

"....to be playable on any dvd player.". Not going to happen with burning. Best you can reasonably expect is ~ 95 + % with a DVD-R discs on most modern standalone dvd players.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:39 AM   #6

All I have burnt so far is playable on my pioneer Stereo DVD player. The problem I have , as already stated is that the file is 7.3 gig, on tha hard drive, and that I want it on 2 DVDs so no quality is lost
thanks
Old 8 Feb 2004, 06:52 AM   #7
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

Yes. Visit the dvdshrink.info site and view the guides on how to do what you want. Then if you have a question or a problem, post with question and we will try to help you.

The dvdshrink.info site should solve your problem as the guides are easy to understand and you can see how to put the movie on 2 discs with no quality lost.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 04:40 PM   #8
Video Fiddler

Thanks QP, I just started using Shrink myself, and thought that it could do what vigge needed. It's great to have another method.
megamachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 Feb 2004, 05:14 PM   #9
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

You are welcome.

BTW.........ddlooping even has the various voice audio downloads for when 'Shrink has finished. Version 3.1.5 is released.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 07:13 PM   #10

to Quality's Proof

I have tried and can't seem to get the movie on 2 DVDs. How is it done, it always wants to put it onto 1 blank.
Old 8 Feb 2004, 07:33 PM   #11
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

vigge,

Been awhile since I did so, but what I remember is I "split movie @ chapter and/or when screen was blank (scene transistion in movie when changing to next scene, usually a few seconds duration). Always try to split a movie at a non-crucial point (not a lot of action, drama, etc.) is good advice.

Open the movie files with shrink, choose re-author mode and set Start/End @ such a place. In a soccer match, might be a good idea when there is a "time-out", player being carried off the field, etc. as you wouldn't want to split during actual play.

If you have to you could even split it @ about 4Gigs for first disc or whatever you like. The Start/End feature allows you to split the movie and then (when in smaller size) you can further "trim Start/End to give discs that store-bought appearance. Have fun with it and play with it, it works very good. v. 3. 0 Beta 5 is what I usually use to do "clips" (crops) with.

ddlooping's site dvdshrink.info has very easy to understand on screen guide(s) to the Start/End feature. That feature is very useful. Study those guides at dvdshrink.info and play with the re-author Start/End feature until you are comfortable with it and you will enjoy it.
Old 9 Feb 2004, 07:06 AM   #12

Thanks
Very good site.

What/ who is ddlooping???...I have seen this mentioned a few places.
Old 10 Feb 2004, 04:26 AM   #13
Digital Video Master
Digital Video Master

You are welcome.

"What/who is ddlooping???"

Some person/persons whom has done a lot of work to make dvd movie back-ups much more understandable for many people. ddlooping posts regularly in the dvdshrink specific threads....you could look at some of those threads.