Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13 Nov 2008, 01:27 PM   #1

Default Need to do one thing (maybe 2) with PGCEdit I hope ;0/

Thanks for the awesome forum, this PGCEdit looks very nice once I learn it... for now there are 2 things that aren't appearing obvious.

I killed PGC playback for a couple items and already blanked the links by using editing a "Still Image" of the menu and replacing that in DVDShrink

When I did the "Still Image" thing though, I guess I lost the Icons or Buttons? that show over the links... can PGC allow you to add these Icons??? I can't figure it.

Then [more minor], how to delete the links to the Special features (PGC 2 and 3)

Once I do this I think I'm set, the rest I think I can learn.

- BEN
BWcapture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 04:08 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWcapture View Post
Then [more minor], how to delete the links to the Special features
OK, that was easy!

I guess instead of replacing the Menu Image in DVDSHRINK, can that be done after somehow. As I still haven't figured those icons out. ;0(

- BEN
Old 13 Nov 2008, 04:34 PM   #3
Not a god of digital video

We can't discuss DVD Shrink on this forum (pls see rule 19). Suffice to say that you can not edit menus with DVD Shrink - it will exhibit exactly what you have seen (no buttons).

To substiutute a still for a menu page, consider this program, DVD Remake Pro or VobBlanker.

Deleting links to special features is easy with PgcEdit - just right click on the relevant button in the menu editor and Hide Button - Jump to non-deleted button.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Last edited by blutach; 13 Nov 2008 at 04:36 PM
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 Nov 2008, 05:21 PM   #4

Default thanks

yeah, I figured the links thing out right after origional post.
looked at the programs you mentioned, but it looks like I'd have to rebuild the whole structure after???

Is there no way to replace the VOB were the menu picture comes from [if it is even from a vob]??? What is the simplest way to replace the menu.

I have made a basic DVD menu in DVD-Lab before [can I mention that program (fingers scrossed)]. If I make one with background there, can I simply copy a menu from that and paste commands from PGCEdit?

What file is the main menu in??? is it limited to one file????

??????????????????

thanks again ;0)

- BEN
Old 13 Nov 2008, 06:17 PM   #5
Not a god of digital video

Those programs retain the correct structure for you. It's very easy.

The menus can be in several VTSs, although they are usually in just 1. Look for VTS_0X_0.VOB - those are menu files.

Regards
blutach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Nov 2008, 11:21 PM   #6
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

I use VobBlanker to replace the menu background image. (You must have installed Muxman to use that feature.) VobBlanker can replace any menu background by a still picture, and keep or remove the audio. See this animated guide.

PgcEdit can be used to hide any button. You will not be able to select the hidden button or see its highlight any more, but as you know, you have to replace the menu background to completely remove the menu button. (BTW, PgcEdit can also completely delete a button, but this can have bad consequences on the default highlighted button, so it is recommended to hide the useless buttons, unless you know exactly what you are doing!)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote