Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 5 Sep 2011, 10:33 AM   #1
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Default SUP to SRT ...Anyone?

I Want to convert SUP to .SRT. SUbrip give me much trouble because the characters matrix "i" is a "l", etc...

DVDSubEdit is very bad too... The final result its a switch of charcaters as well

Anyone knows a good program?

Thank you
RicardoGomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2011, 05:20 PM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video
 
paglamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22░38'12.55" N, 88░25'20.87" E
Posts: 2,126
Default

First convert sup to idx/sub using Subtitle Creator.
Then OCR the sub file with Subrip or Subresync.


You may also try Suprip(for direct sup to srt).
__________________

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF
paglamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2011, 09:34 PM   #3
Junior Member
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5
Default

Ok, first of all, thanks for reply.

I try import the Sup file to subtlitle creator but the program says: Failed! Reading Closed caption failure!

The same to SupRip.

I┤ve got the Sup here : megaupload.com/?d=P1J08FWW Can you please covert it to .srt, and explain me how you do that?
RicardoGomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Sep 2011, 11:31 PM   #4
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video
 
r0lZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: be
Posts: 1,508
Default

No matter what program you use to OCR the subpics, it will always be confused by some letters (upper case i and lower case L is the best example). This is why you should run the Post-OCR process (in SubRip), that tries to locate that kind of problem and fix it automatically. Usually, I check also the file with a text editor that has a good dictionary, and I fix the remaining problems manually.
__________________
r0lZ
PgcEdit homepage (hosted by VideoHelp)
Unofficial mirror (in Poland)
r0lZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Sep 2011, 05:32 PM   #5
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video
 
paglamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22░38'12.55" N, 88░25'20.87" E
Posts: 2,126
Default

@RicardoGomes

I could import the SUP file in Subtitle Creator via Tools/Manipulate SUP or VobSub.Then I saved the file as Vobsub(.idx).
Next I OCR-ed the .idx file with Subrip(took 4.5 min.),applied post OCR spelling correction and saved it as .srt.
This file still had some errors in distinguishing i and l in italics.So I opened this in MS Word and did a spell check and finally had a proper file.

So, as r0lz said, there is really no quick way to do this thing.

Here is your .srt file:Ing.zip
paglamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2011, 08:07 AM   #6
Eclectician
 
MilesAhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,615
Default

For English subs I've had good luck with DVDSubEdit

Run the automatic OCR and export as SRT. Then with a text editor search for the underscore character '_'. Seems if it fails on a line, the line of "text" will look like
"%@$___%/__" but there's almost always an underscore.

Even with PGS subs if I first size down to 720x480 then export as ifo/sup, and feed to DVDSubEdit it works well. Sometimes I have to make a dozen edits manually. But very often it comes out clean.
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2011, 12:52 PM   #7
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video
 
paglamon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: 22░38'12.55" N, 88░25'20.87" E
Posts: 2,126
Default

With Ricardo's file,I did start with DVDSUbedit. As always,it was lightning fast.But the resultant .srt file had too many OCR errors and would have needed very heavy editing.
paglamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 Sep 2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Eclectician
 
MilesAhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 2,615
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by paglamon View Post
With Ricardo's file,I did start with DVDSUbedit. As always,it was lightning fast.But the resultant .srt file had too many OCR errors and would have needed very heavy editing.
I tried the OCR where you type in the ones it can't figure out. I could never get through a session. No matter how many times I told it the character, it asked me for the same one again. Never learned. Guess I was doing something wrong.

But sometimes you get unlucky with DVDSubEdit. It feels like I get about 90% success rate. If I do search and find more than 20 lines with underscores then I settle for idx/sub and just use that.
MilesAhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off




All times are GMT +10. The time now is 06:24 PM.

Kirsch designed by Andrew & Austin


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 1999 - 2018 Digital Digest

Visit DivXLand   Visit dvdloc8.com