Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2 Mar 2004, 07:52 PM   #1

Default TMPGEnc DVD authoring question

Is there a setting in this program that will enable me to fast rewind (pressing the fast rewind << button on my dvd player) from the present chapter into the previous chapter? For example, I'm presently in chapter 2, but I want to fast rewind back into a particular scene in chapter 1. If I try this, It takes me back to the beginning of chapter 2 and will not allow me to even go into chapter 1. I can only go into chapter 1 if I press the backwards skip button. But then this will take me back into the beginning of chapter 1.

I've noticed that all of the commercial dvd movies will allow you to fast rewind into previous chapters. Thanks...
arctic silver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2004, 01:14 AM   #2
Digital Video Explorer

"Is there a setting in this program that will enable me to fast rewind (pressing the fast rewind << button on my dvd player) from the present chapter into the previous chapter?"

Such an option that you describe would be present only in a particular standalone player and accessed through the remote control. It is not something a "Software" program can provide.
ormonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2004, 01:16 AM   #3
Digital Video Explorer

However, with "TMPGENc DVD Author", you can edit the menus and chapter points in any order you wish.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 01:48 AM   #4

Thanks. I understand about editing menus and chapter points in TMPGENc DVD author. I may have not worded my question correctly. What I was asking is, after editing menus and chapters with TMPGENc DVD and burning the final product onto my dvd disk, when I play the disk in my stand alone dvd player, I am unable to fast rewind into a previous chapter with my dvd remote control. I am only able to fast rewind anywhere while in the present chapter that I'm watching. But when I put in a store bought dvd movie, I can fast rewind into any previous chapters. So I know my dvd player is ok, and must be a formatting style, thing or way that TMPGENc dvd author uses. I'd like to make my edited dvd disk work like the store bought one.

Last edited by arctic silver; 3 Mar 2004 at 01:53 AM
Old 3 Mar 2004, 02:17 AM   #5
Digital Video Explorer

"thing or way that TMPGENc dvd author uses. I'd like to make my edited dvd disk work like the store bought one."

I have never heard of this problem as being inherent to DVD Author or DVD authoring in general. I have authored "Many" DVDs with the program and have not experienced what you seem to be experiencing–I can rewind and forward with no problem.
Old 3 Mar 2004, 10:08 AM   #6

Deffinitely a problem with the player, I do the rewind through chapter points all the time on Authored DVD's.
rdgrimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Mar 2004, 07:46 PM   #7

Ok. Perhaps it is. I'll have to check it out further. Thanks.
Old 4 Mar 2004, 12:03 PM   #8
Retired

Default To arctic silver

Are you SURE you're not attempting to "fast rewind" to a previous TITLE (rather than a chapter). Have you created a DVD with "TMPGEnc DVD Author" by "adding as NEW tracks", rather than adding to the same track?
setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Mar 2004, 12:29 AM   #9

"Are you SURE you're not attempting to "fast rewind" to a previous TITLE (rather than a chapter). Have you created a DVD with "TMPGEnc DVD Author" by "adding as NEW tracks", rather than adding to the same track?"

Come to think of it, you may be right. It could very well be a title.
You add chapter points to a title, right? I am adding as new tracks. If that is the answer, then you just answered my question.
Old 5 Mar 2004, 05:19 PM   #10
Retired

"I am adding as new tracks. If that is the answer, then you just answered my question."

That, then, IS the answer ;>}
setarip is offline   Reply With Quote