Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Disc Formats > DVD Authoring and Editing

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 26 Sep 2003, 02:48 PM   #1

Default TMPGEnu "Illegal MPEG audiostream" Error

Hi all I'm trying to convert my DivX movie to a MPEG2 file to put onto a DVD but I keep getting a "Illegal MPEG audiostream" Error in TMPGEnc PLUS when I try and join the one .avi and .wav file. I used VirtualDub to make a silent avi file and a un compressed wav file. But then when I choose my video source to be the silent .avi and the audio source to be the .wav and output to another drive I get an error saying "Illegal MPEG audiostream". WTF am I doing wrong, I am really about to give up.

I have to do this cause when I use TMPGEnu PLUS to convert my DivX .avi file to an MPEG2 file the video comes out fine but I will have no sound. I have even tried to boost the sound 250% but still dont have sound. PLEZ can some one help me!

Thanks in advanced!
SmoothE911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2003, 03:26 PM   #2

Here is a picture of the file info...............

I have alreddy done what you posted above. You Posted it in another place on these forms but it still gives me the same error. I am not drag and dropping in TMPGEnu I click browse to find the silent avi and uncompressed wav file.

P.S.
Thanks for responding so fast setarip!
Attached Thumbnails
TMPGEnu "Illegal MPEG audiostream" Error-file-info.gif  

Last edited by SmoothE911; 26 Sep 2003 at 03:32 PM
Old 26 Sep 2003, 04:01 PM   #3
Retired

Try the following instead, the end result of these procedures will be to convert your .AVI with VBR audio to .AVI with CBR audio, which TMPGEnc can properly process (The first 5 steps will look VERY familar to you ;>}):

Simply use NanDub or VirtualDubMOD (Different than standard VirtualDub), to save the audio stream as an Uncompressed PCM (WAV) file as follows:
1) Load your original .AVI into NanDub

2)Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"

3) Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (NanDub only -For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Full Processing Mode")
From the "Audio" dropdown menu, select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)" (NanDub only - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>rightclick on the listed audiostream and then select "Compression" and choose "No compression(PCM)")

4) From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save WAV" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save WAV" is located under the "Streams" drodpown menu) (Enter a new filename with a ".WAV" extender).Click on "OK"

5) Then save the .AVI as a silent .AVI (NanDub - set "Audio" to "No audio" after you've saved the WAV file. - For VirtualDubMOD>"Streams>"Stream list">>click on the listed audiostream and then select "Disable").

Then close NanDub and restart it
Set "Audio" to "No audio" (Not necessary under VirtualDubMOD)
Load your silent .AVI
Set "Video" to "Direct Stream Copy"
Under "Audio" click on "WAV Audio" and load your .WAV (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Add)
Set "Audio" to "Full Processing Mode" (In VirtualDubMOD, Streams>>Rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Direct Stream Copy")
From the "Audio" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Streams") dropdown menu, select "Compression" (In VirtualDubMOD, rightclick on the listed audiostream, click on "Compression") and choose the appropriate .MP3 settings. Click on "OK"
From the "File" dropdown menu, select "Save as AVI" (In VirtualDubMOD, "Save as") and save your file with a new filename.
setarip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 Sep 2003, 04:10 PM   #4

Ok now I just need to know where I can get a copy of NanDub. Is it freeware? I know I said it before but thanks again!
Old 26 Sep 2003, 04:21 PM   #5

Sorry for the 2nd post I was ing......
Old 26 Sep 2003, 04:29 PM   #6
Retired

From what I've read around here lately, it appears that it's extremely difficult to locate NanDub nowadays, although you can try:

http://www.filemirrors.com/search.sr...ary-1.0rc2.rar

I'd suggest that you use VirtualDubMOD (Which is a different program than standard VirtualDub). You can download VirtualDubMOD at:

http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by setarip; 26 Sep 2003 at 04:31 PM
setarip is offline   Reply With Quote