Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > DVD Flick

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10 Dec 2008, 02:41 PM   #1

Default DVD Flick Prob: Invalid and Inefficient vfw-avi Packed B Frames

Hi all. I was looking through the forums today at work and it looks like there are some pros here.

I just downloaded DVD Flick and I tried it for the first time using the guide. I have a Dell Inspiron machine with an Intel Core Duo running at 2.4gHz with 3GB of RAM. It has a built in DVD burner that shows up as a TSSTcorp DVD+RW TS-H653F. For media I'm using a Sony DVD-R 4.7gb disc.

I started with 12 361MB avi files of a show ripped from DVD. They play fine on the machine.

When I ran the program it first said that the media -- a new disc straight from the package -- was full. I couldn't indicate in any way that this was not the case. The program took a very long time to process even the first file, and in the morning I had an error and a very long log file that seems to establish fairly early on that there are "Invalid and inefficient vfw-avi packed B frames detected". Curiously, these seem to relate to Mpeg4, while the directory for the project looks like it has each AVI file coded to Mpeg2, which plays fine on the machine.

What did I do wrong?

Log file is attached, and sorry if this is glaringly stupid on my part.

Tom
Attached Files
File Type: txt FirstTry.txt‎ (254.5 KB, 494 views)
Old 10 Dec 2008, 04:20 PM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Lightbulb

Hi Tombro,

Welcome aboard. Tom I read your post ... either I am tired or I just lost you ...

"DVD Flick" is a program used to convert AVI to a DVD. I myself have tried doing only 1 AVI to a single DVD.

If you use it as such it is pretty straight forward and very simple.

Have you tried just doing one of those 12 episodes to see if the program is working for you ... and it should. Also, I recommed you disable the burning of the dvd ... just have DVD Flick make the DVD and ISO for you ... after you check your Video if you are happy with the result then BURN the ISO using Nero or ImgBunr ... Burning an "IMAGE".

Your DVD video file will look like this ... and you play it back in your DVD Viewer on your desktop via PowerDVD or Cyberlink or Nero Showtime ...

Name of the Episode
- VIDEO_TS
- AUDIO_TS

NOTE: The AUDIO_TS folder will be EMPTY ... nothing in it. All .vob's will be in VIDEO_TS folder ...

BTW, what is your OS and what version of DVD Flick do you have?

G!

Last edited by gonwk; 10 Dec 2008 at 04:26 PM