Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > VirtualDub

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Apr 2008, 05:23 AM   #1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Maybe w/avisynth?? Problem opening an mkv file in Virtualdub.

Hey Guys:

I have an mkv file with ac-3 audio on in. I would like to run this file through virtual dub to create a .wav file that I could load into TMPGEnc 2.5. I would also like to create an .ac3 file using virtualdubmod using the same mkv file as above. I have FFDShow and Avisynth already installed on my computer. I understand I should be able to write a short script in notepad that will allow VD/VDM to open properly. I have no experience with the script writing and I am hoping you do!!!

Thanks,

jwmghf
Old 25 Apr 2008, 10:52 AM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Convert it to WAV using BeSweet/BeLight.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Old 25 Apr 2008, 01:49 PM   #3
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Quote:
I understand I should be able to write a short script in notepad that will allow VD/VDM to open properly.
Assuming your clip is named XXX and stored in My Videos inside My Documents:
DirectShowSource("C:\Documents and Settings\*******\My Documents\My Videos\XXX.mkv") where ******* is the name of your computer. That means you have to type the full path of your clip inside the quotation marks.Now save as .avs extension.
Also look here:http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/First_script

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF
Old 26 Apr 2008, 09:56 AM   #4
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks Paglamon:

I'll give this a shot and post back soon. I won't be able to do it until tomorrow(Sat.) And I'll let you know how I make out!!

As for BeSweet/BeLight, I have it on my computer, and I would love to give it a whirl, but I think, I need someone to walk me through the 1st time. It looked like an impressive program that I want a piece of.

Thanks again