Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 25 Jun 2008, 06:52 AM   #1

Default 4:3 Anamorphic to MPEG2 problem

Greetings. A bit of history. I transferred 35mm motion picture negative to D5 and downconverted to Digibeta. The Digibeta video files are .mpg files that are 4:3 Anamorphic. I want to be able to convert them to MPEG2 files and burn the files to DVD and have Nero Vision. HOWEVER, vision does not have the ability to "put in the 16:9 flag evidently". I have used one program that works "Any DVD converter" but it is extremely slow.
I was told to use IfoEdit which supposedly does the job but when I do the encoding to VSO files (as instructied) and then import the files into Nero Vision there is no change to the files at all. They are still "squeezed" Does anyone know a software that will do what I need without having to wait all day for the files to be converted?

Thanks in advance
Old 26 Jun 2008, 01:05 AM   #2
Eclectician

You can get a free download here:

http://www.svcd2dvd.com/

The program is IfoAR2WS v1.0

If you have a VIDEO_TS dvd folder it will set the 16x9 flags in about 5 seconds.
Old 26 Jun 2008, 01:34 AM   #3

Default Still a problem

Miles,

There is still a problem. The software works quickly and in the detail info it indeed shows that the flag for 16:9 has been done. However, when I import the VSO folder clips into Nero Vision 4.0 to the lay them down onto DVD they are still squeezed. I have tried both 4:3, 16:9 and automatic in Video Options and the 4:3 is squeezed, the 16:9 puts the black bars on the sides instead of top and bottom (letterboxed) and automatic is just like 4:3. Is this a problem with Nero or ME?
Old 11 Jul 2008, 04:17 AM   #4
Eclectician

Sorry I didn't see your followup until now. When checking how your video looks
before burning I use VLC player. When playing the main title right click and select
Aspect Ratio. Usually it will have Default selected. If you want to check if the
video is 16x9, click 16x9 and see if the video changes in the player. If it does,
then 16x9 hasn't been set.

afa Nero, I quit using it to convert or format any video or burn for that matter. It makes
too many assumptions. There are a lot more 1 click freewares around now, and also apps that give you a lot of control if you want to get into the settings. You don't really need to use a single giant application that tries to do everything.

It does take a bit of reading and messing around at the beginning but now more than ever it's worth it. Back when I started the main alternative was TMPGEnc. Now there
are lots of apps for converting video.