Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14 Jul 2009, 09:57 AM   #1
Eclectician

Default anyone messing around with HC Enc 024 beta 1-pass mode?

Just wondering because I've started playing around with it a little bit. Not surprisingly it seems to work really well if the source is an HD .avi video. I hope somehow when 024 goes stable that FAVC is updated to use the new mode.

Right now I'm doing it by hand. Using AviDemux to save the .ac3 audio(usually) and then just using a 2 line .avs script
AviSource("MyMovie.avi",audio=false)
LanczosResize(720,480)

then when I get the .m2v file, just use TMPGEnc mpeg tools to multiplex to .mpg. I used SVCD2DVD to add a menu and author the VIDEO_TS folder.

I didn't time it, but muxing with TMPGEnc Plus mpeg tools and then authoring with SVCD2DVD seemed a lot faster than just loading it into DVDAuthorGUI and muxing and authoring with no menu.

Of course if there are a bunch of source files then it would be a lot easier just to load into FAVC which is a big reason I hope FAVC isn't dead yet.

There's an HCBatchGui out there but I don't quite have the hang of it yet.