Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12 Jul 2010, 04:35 AM   #1
Digital Video Expert
Digital Video Expert

Default Best encoder Avi, 3gp and Mp4 to DVD ready files?

It's been some time since current stuff was posted I have found on this.

I have used DVD flick in the past, but it seems to give more audio out of sync issues than not.

I have also tried So Think Movie DVD Maker. and Wondershare DVD Creator.

Those both do great with the out of sync issues gone, however I can't use my burning engine of choice (Imgburn) Any theirs leaves a lot to be desired.

So what I am looking for is a good encoder to DVD ready files (Video/Audio folders) Then I can burn my way.

I am even willing to shell out a few bucks if needed.

Any thoughts?

Thanks All

Old 12 Jul 2010, 08:59 AM   #2
Eclectician

If you mean mixing input file types to create one DVD I'm not experienced there. I have seen people praise Format Factory. Also AVStoDVD may be worth a look. Usually I make a DVD from one .mkv file. So I've taken to demuxing the audio and processing the video through HC Enc using HCgui. Then just authoring the .m2v and .ac3 using DVDAuthorGui. But doing it by hand like that is a pain if you have a bunch of input files.

AVStoDVD looks like the author just added some new features. I got frustrated with it because if it got a problem processing the audio, it would just hang there until you came over and kicked it. Don't know if that's fixed in the latest release or not. But it will output VIDEO_TS and you can burn with Imgburn.