Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25 Mar 2002, 12:17 PM   #1

Question-2 FlaskMpeg Aviopen error

I'm kinda new to all this DivX encoding stuff, but I have read almost every gudie ther is on the subject, so I consider myself to be one of those dudes with lots of knowlegde, but zero experience! So when I encountered this error in FlaskMpeg, I was all "Uhhhh, There wasn't anything about this in the guide" The whole thing was that I tried to encode a regular DVD-movie to avi usig Flask and DivX 5.0 pro! I had all the settings figured out, I had opened the ifo-file with thunder.mism and so on and so forth!
When I were to select a codec to use in my encoding, I did as it said in the guide and selected Avi output, but there was just one single codec there that could be used, and It was Cinepak by radius. I never figured out why I couldn't select DivX! So I tried all the other options and found DivX in the OpenDML Avi Output configuration settings! Well Yippie, I Thought and configured the whole damn thing, and pressed flask it, when the f***ing program said something like "An error ocurred when trying to create the file....." I decided to try all options available, and downloaded all versions of Flask (5.694 - 1.1) But I got the same error over and over again! I tried to encode the file using Avi Output and cinepak by radius, and it went smooth! Why is this! Why cant I select DivX in the Avi Output configuration??

Please help me! I'm going mad! Should I give up and try another program?? In that case, which one??
mrBullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2002, 04:44 PM   #2
Old member

Try frameserving with Avisynth or vFAPI straight into Virtual-/Nandub. It also gives you more options to tweak, which is always a good thing.

p.s. Having read a lot of guides, as you claimed, must mean it is not necessary for me to explain this further, right?
Enchanter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2002, 08:11 PM   #3
Ndb

Use FlaskMpeg XiS 3.0e here -> http://www.dvd-digest.net/downloads/...ask3.0eExp.exe as most other versions don't like DivX 5.
Ndb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 Mar 2002, 08:53 PM   #4

Angry-2 Bad logfile???????

Okay! The error I talked about in the last post wasn't really an error, but a bug in the windows interface that didn't allow me to se a list of codecs when selecting codec for AviOutput! I worked around that by using the arrowkeys (!!!) It's funny that I haven't figured this out until now, this problem has been bugging me for decades in 3dsmax! I have only been able to see one codec, but all the other ones were actually there, in a list that i couldn't see! But what you see is what you get! Anyway I did the first pass this night, it took about 6 hours, and when it was complete I sat it right for the second pass, and the goddamned thing says to me right in the face: "Invalid log file"
What the hell is wrong this time????
I'm currently downloading a logfile tool that was posted this morning on divx-digest! hope it does the trick!
Is this a bug or have I screwed up my settings in divX???
Old 26 Mar 2002, 06:53 AM   #5
Ndb

You did select the actual log file created on the 2-pass 1st pass (i.e. my.log) and not the junk avi file that's also created.

Also you did do a 2-pass 1st pass and the a 2-pass 2nd pass not a 1-pass then a 2-pass???
Old 27 Mar 2002, 11:31 PM   #6

Yes! I did everything right, but anyway the logfile didn't work! Anyway, I tried again with another movie, and it worked perfectly! So I decided to give the first movie another try, and this time it worked flawless (xcept some audiosyncproblems that i corrected in virtualdub)
Everything works now, and I'm in the zone!!
Old 28 Mar 2002, 06:18 AM   #7
Ndb

Well done
Old 29 Mar 2002, 11:04 AM   #8

Wink-2

Thanx for the help anyway!!! =)