Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Other > Archive (Closed) > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 2 Nov 2007, 02:57 PM   #1

Default Help, Need AVIs to be 50% quality

Hello all, I'm making a music video and I need to join/split avi videos a lot. I use ACD videomagic to make slideshows of my pics, and then it spits out each slideshow in avi format. I also want to use the videos I have taken with my canon powershot A540 (also avi) to put in my music video. Avicodec says the quality of my camera vids is 90%, and the codec is MotionJPEG. Avicodec says the quality of my videomagic vids is 50%, and the codec is Microsoft DIB (I googled it and I didn't get much).

The problem is, when I go to join my avi files, "easy video joiner" says they're different quality and can't join them. If I run them all through ACD Videomagic, I can successfully join them (because they'll all be 50% quality), but that is a pain in the ass, and it usually messes up some of my videos.

Here's what I want to do: convert the avi vids from my camera from 90% quality to 50% quality. Then they will be the same quality as the avi vids that videomagic has created, and then I can join them. How can I do this? I'm running windows xp.

Thanks in advance
Old 3 Nov 2007, 04:55 PM   #2

So i found this program called Virtualdub. I was able to convert the videos from my camera to an avi with the microsoft DIB codec and 50% quality, but I still can't join this avi to any of the one videomagic created. "Easy video joiner" tells me, "files not of the same quality. The only difference that avicodec tells me is that the pixel resolution is different, but I can't change it and still get 50% quality.

I think I'm giving up on "easy video joiner". Gonna try something else.
Old 3 Nov 2007, 06:04 PM   #3
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

No need for any crap joiner software.Virtualdub itself can join avi files but they MUST have same resolution,bitrate,codec etc.

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF
Old 5 Nov 2007, 03:04 PM   #4

Virtualdub did the trick! Thanks