Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 8 Feb 2010, 04:51 AM   #1

Smile-2 how to determine a good rip...

hello,
I'm new here. I posted this in another forum but didn't get a straight answer. I am trying to determine if my dvd rips are good before I burn. I tried two different programs, and both rips looked fine, but when burned they got stuck in the middle of the dvd. The burn seemed fine, no errors from the programs used. I used CloneDVD from slysoft, with dvd43, and DVD cloner. I burned the slysoft version again with cx2dvd and still had an error. I later ripped same movie with magic dvd copier, and burned at max speed, and turned out fine. I know memorex is problematic, but usually the dvd doesn't get stuck in the middle, just doesn't work past the first chapter. And the magic dvd copier version was the sony dvd-r version from Malaysia, but I don't think it was the issue, since one memorex disc was a dvd-r and the other a dvd+r. Any help would be appreciated.
I have since removed dvd cloner and clonedvd from my computer, but want to avoid this issue if it wasn't the problem.
Old 8 Feb 2010, 11:27 PM   #2
Not a god of digital video

Please see this post by admin and rule 19. I am very sorry, but we can't help you.

Thanks very much for understanding.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Closed Thread