Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 4 Jun 2009, 07:06 AM   #1

Default Music and Sound effects get separated...

Hey all,

First of all I'm new to this forum, but not new to forums in general so I know how everything works etc. (Although I hope I am posting in the right section) Oh and I suck with computer things, that is why I am here.

Wall of text incoming, tl;dr version is at the very bottom.

I like watching movies. I had all my favourite movies on a dvd, but some of them aren't working anymore, and I lost a few etc. So I decided to try something new, the USB. I convert all movies from .mkv to DivX (avi) using Spamsoft Ultimate Video Converter. I don't really know if that's the best choise, but the quality seems good and the movies aren't over 3 gigs. (so they can still fit on USB sticks, since you can't move files over 4 gig to a FAT32 thingie.) The plan is to save the movies on an external HDD and when I want to see one I copy it on the USB stick, very handy when you have to go to friends or some other place.
So about my little problem. Sometimes I'm having a few problems with subtitles not working properly, sometimes they don't show up at all but maybe that's just my poor knowledge of computers. But here comes the big problem: The sound. The sound quality is good, but the sound of the converted version is different. He puts the music in my left speaker, and the sound effects and speech in the right one. I don't know if it is supposed to work like that, but I find it quite annoying, especially when I watch a movie with headphones. So.... how do I fix this? It cannot be an error, since I've tried multiple movies. Help?

Also, here's a pic of the settings I always used. I simply put everything on highest. If any of you know some better settings for me, please tell me what I should change and why. I did not touch the 'expert' settings since I didn't understand those.

http : / / img141. imageshack. us/ img141/9044/Spamsoftsettings . png

tl;dr version:
When I convert a movie he puts the music in one speaker, and the speech and sound effects in the other. How do I fix this? I'd like both the sound effects and the music coming out from both speakers. I really really really hope you can help me out here...

Thanks in advance,

Vuurvogel

Edit: I wasn't allowed to use a link in my post, but I didn't want to spam 10 posts either so I just put a few spacebars in bewtween.

Last edited by Vuurvogel; 4 Jun 2009 at 07:09 AM
Vuurvogel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 Jun 2009, 07:06 AM   #2

Bump, anyone?
Vuurvogel is offline   Reply With Quote