Digital Video Forums  

Go Back   Digital Video Forums > Video File Formats > AVI, DivX/Xvid

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average. Display Modes
Old 6 Jul 2011, 01:52 AM   #1
Gold Member
Gold Member

Default Require Advice for Conversion of Videos

Hi Guys, at present I have many DVD videos with me, many of them home made videos. Files are all in .vob format. I need to append a small clip introducing me and my website and some credits, and smart aleck comments (all of this will be in the form of still images, done in PhotoShop)before the actual video begin rolling. I want the whole thing in .AVI, .MP4, .3GP format, so that I can share them with my friends through a mobile phone and it can be watched on a mobile phone.

I want to know how to go about doing this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 6 Jul 2011, 03:45 AM   #2
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Easiest way will be to use some video editors.I personally like Corel Video Studio.

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF
paglamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jul 2011, 02:14 PM   #3

WinX Free VOB to MP4 Converteris the best free VOB to MP4 converter software that helps you to convert VOB format videos to MP4. It mostly widens the custom of your VOB videos to be played on popular MP4 players or MP4 format supported devices. With it, playing VOB files will be a part of cake.
Further free converting VOB to MP4 videos, this VOB to MP4 freeware also supports grabbing video image to make JPEG, BMP pictures. With high quality video encoding engine inside, it brings excellent video/audio quality with fast speed. There is no malware, no adware, no spyware and no virus. 100% clean.
icecubemedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 Jul 2011, 03:08 PM   #4
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

If you wish to go the freeware way,AVIDemux might be of help.
First you have to create your still image so that it has the same frame size (e.g.720 x 576) as the video.Then open this still image in AVIDemux.Next, append this to the video in AVIDemux.Finally, reencode to your desired format.
Old 19 Jul 2011, 04:24 PM   #5
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks paglamon and icecubemedia. I am sorry for this delayed response. I was indisposed for the past few weeks. I will try both your options.

Icecubemedia, does this software that you recommend also join two separate MP4s?
harishkumar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 Jul 2011, 02:14 PM   #6
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paglamon View Post
If you wish to go the freeware way,AVIDemux might be of help.
First you have to create your still image so that it has the same frame size (e.g.720 x 576) as the video.Then open this still image in AVIDemux.Next, append this to the video in AVIDemux.Finally, reencode to your desired format.
Hi Paglamon, can you give me step by step process to achieve my ends with AVIDemux? Thanks in advance.
Old 25 Jul 2011, 04:50 AM   #7
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

1.Create your still image(in whatever image editor you wish to).It must be of the same size as the frame size of your video file(e.g. 720 x 576 pixels)
2.Open this image in AVIDemux.
3.This will now open as a single frame.Suppose you need to play that image for 15 seconds.Hit Ctrl+C. Then go on pressing Ctrl+V and you will see the time length changing in the editor.Stop when you have your desired length.
4.Now click File/Append and select your video file.
5.Now encode. If you want avi(XviD), select MPEG4-ASP(XviD) under Video.
6.Save video.Remember to put the .avi extension in the file name when saving(AVIDemux does not automatically put an extension).
Old 29 Jul 2011, 02:02 AM   #8
Gold Member
Gold Member

Thanks paglamon. I am trying it right away. I also want it in 3GP and MP4 for Smartphones and other small screen devices like tablets.

Last edited by harishkumar09; 29 Jul 2011 at 02:34 AM
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:15 PM   #9
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
1.Create your still image(in whatever image editor you wish to).It must be of the same size as the frame size of your video file(e.g. 720 x 576 pixels)
3.This will now open as a single frame.Suppose you need to play that image for 15 seconds.Hit Ctrl+C. Then go on pressing Ctrl+V and you will see the time length changing in the editor.Stop when you have your desired length.
6.Save video.Remember to put the .avi extension in the file name when saving(AVIDemux does not automatically put an extension).
Now, in step number 4, the video file I select, can it be AVI? And then when I want the final product to be .avi, I select MPEG4-ASP under video and rename it as .avi.

And if I want to convert the above file to MP4 or 3GP, I need to use another software I presume.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:03 PM   #10
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
As I said earlier paglamon, I will be cutting a part of a .VOB file and then appending it to the titles. So how do I cut a specific part of the .VOB file and save it as a .AVI file?
Old 30 Jul 2011, 02:59 AM   #11
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

Quote:
Now, in step number 4, the video file I select, can it be AVI?
Ofcourse it can. Just make sure the frame size of that file is same as that of your image file.

Quote:
And if I want to convert the above file to MP4 or 3GP, I need to use another software I presume.
No, you don't. In AVIDemux, choose MPEG4(AVC) or H263 under Video, AAC under Audio and MP4 under Format.

Quote:
So how do I cut a specific part of the .VOB file and save it as a .AVI file
Can be done in AVIDemux itself.Select the part you want to keep using markers A and B.
Old 30 Jul 2011, 07:25 PM   #12
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
Ofcourse it can. Just make sure the frame size of that file is same as that of your image file.

No, you don't. In AVIDemux, choose MPEG4(AVC) or H263 under Video, AAC under Audio and MP4 under Format.

Can be done in AVIDemux itself.Select the part you want to keep using markers A and B.
Oh, thanks a lot paglamon! You are really a very helpful person!
Old 30 Jul 2011, 09:02 PM   #13
Gold Member
Gold Member

Paglamon can you give me a download link for mediainfo for 64-bit Windows 7? It should be the GUI version and not the CLI version. None of which I have work properly.
Old 1 Aug 2011, 06:03 PM   #14
Lord of Digital Video
Lord of Digital Video

MediaInfo - Download
Old 1 Aug 2011, 09:58 PM   #15
Gold Member
Gold Member

Quote:
I tried that link and also the one in download.net. But I am not able to download from there too. I want a 64-bit version for Windows 7, it should be GUI and not Command Line. Can you upload it to rapidshare and give me the link? Thank you.