LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:21 AM   #1
Banned

Default Wierd Resolution @ Framerate to DVD

Hi all. I've got a movie with the following specifications:
Resolution: 560x240
Framerate: 23 fps
Codec: DIVX

Now, I managed to convert to MPEG-2 Format (NTSC Resolution), but when I took that file and encoded with DVD Architect 3, the final VIDEO_TS folder worked, but with one annoying issue: The video shakes. I think this has to do with the framerate, but i'm not sure. Can anyone either help me eliminate this frame shaking, or tell me how I can encode to avoid this problem?? Thanks
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:39 AM   #2
Demigod of Digital Video

does sound like framerate. i haven't used that program, so i don't know the settings on it. but this system works great IMO

http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=56454
"You try to contrive a perfect alibi, and it's your perfect alibi that's gonna hang ya."
(An Exercise In Fatality, 1974)

Old 30 Oct 2005, 08:29 AM   #3
Banned

Yeah, I use TMPGENC as well, but I didn't know how to preserve strange aspect ratios for dvd playback. I'm encoding a new copy of my film now. I'll post the results as they come in. Thanks.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 08:37 AM   #4
Banned

Oh, also, I'll ask this question in advance. Assuming my movie gets encoded to mpeg-2 correctly, how would I go about embedding .srt subtitles to the finalized dvd? does the tmpgenc dvd author support this? Thanks.
Old 30 Oct 2005, 04:36 PM   #5
Banned

Exclamation-2 result:

alright. tmpgenc worked like a charm. but then came the problem of embedding subtitles, and then burning to ntsc dvd format. i found a program to convert .srt subtitles to .sup format, and a program called muxman. I added the video & audio streams, as well as the .sup file and it proceeded to create a working video_ts/audio_ts compilation. However, when I play the created files, both the sound and the subtitles are nowhere to be found. The video plays superbly, but without sound/subtitles, I have little use for it. Can someone help me out here?

Old 31 Oct 2005, 03:53 AM   #6
Demigod of Digital Video

tmpgnec dvd author doesn't support subtitles. i suggest this
http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/dvdlabpro.html

Last edited by LT. Columbo; 31 Oct 2005 at 03:59 AM
Old 31 Oct 2005, 05:11 AM   #7
Banned

ok. I got pro off irc and am rendering now. We'll see if this works.
Old 31 Oct 2005, 05:50 AM   #8
Banned

ok. i cancelled the rendering because i noticed the following: the video stream @ 23fps runs 2:20:10. @ 29.9 fps, it runs 2:20:01. Now, the audio stream I extracted is still 2:20:10, which means it won't sync properly when rendered. What can I do do correct this problem?

EDIT: I found a program called BeSweet, reencoded the audio to 24fps equivalent, and it will sync fine. my problem now is that when I go to complie in dvdlab, it'll run, say it's done, and nothing will be in the output folder. even when i click automatically burn, it says that nothing is available for burning. What the hell is going on?

Last edited by Integral00; 31 Oct 2005 at 10:15 AM
Old 31 Oct 2005, 04:11 PM   #9
Administrator

Quote:
ok. I got pro off irc and am rendering now. We'll see if this works.
Did you just get a pirate version of DVDlab Pro? Software piracy is wrong. If you plan on using the software, please purchase it. Thanks.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 05:15 PM   #10
Banned

My pirating software is not wrong, I'm sorry. When I download a piece of software, the creators are not losing money off of it, because I was never going to buy the software anyway. It's not a lost sale. While you may see piracy as morally wrong, in actuality, it is ambiguous at worst. I am using the software for my own personal use, and not making a profit of any kind. So, in conclusion, GTFO, and have a nice day.
Old 6 Nov 2005, 05:48 PM   #11
Not a god of digital video

That gets you nowhere Integral00.

Observe forum rules about being polite and piracy.

I was hoping not to ever have to do this, but enjoy your 30 day holiday from this forum.

EDIT: Bugger it - he's gone fer good.

Regards

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
[What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Last edited by blutach; 6 Nov 2005 at 10:42 PM
Closed Thread